Full-Time, Regular Status, FLSA Nonexempt, Full Benefits
Location: Burien, WA; King County
$42,200 – $53,200
(Dependent on years of applicable experience)
Childhaven is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and recruiting candidates of every race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender or gender identity, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status as provided by law. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives to the workplace are highly encouraged to apply!
For over 110 years Childhaven has been a leader in serving children, families, and communities that have experienced trauma and adversity. In the past few years, we have been adding services and locations, becoming more community-based, and forming partnerships to increase our impact. In June 2020, Childhaven consolidated with Renton Area Youth and Family Services (RAYS) and Art with Heart, which further expanded our capacity to better serve more children, families, and communities. By combining our legacy of healing-centered care, with the expertise of our new partners, Childhaven is building a continuum of care model that is unlike any other in the Puget Sound Region.
We are proud to be a values-driven organization that serves families from diverse communities. Our values are the compass we use to get us there. They guide us in the way we treat each other, the decisions we make, and the success we achieve. Values are the touchstones to chart and guide our behavior, and reflect our commitment to:
- TEAMWORK: Relationships come first.
- EQUITY: There’s infinite value in every human.
- EXCELLENCE: Constructively dissatisfied with the status quo.
- DEDICATION: Do more. Do better.
- RESPECT: Meet people where they are.
- REFLECTION: Feelings Matter. Stepping back and exploring possibilities.
Going forward, we are embarking on a new and very ambitious strategic impact plan to further strengthen programs, expand impact, and embrace innovation. In the next five years our goals are to double the number of locations and quadruple the number of children and families we are serving - all while developing and strengthening partnerships with other community-based organizations, referral sources, government agencies, and universities. In so doing, we are opening doors to a host of new roles and opportunities within the organization. And that’s where you come in.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Childhaven seeks a Development Coordinator to support its philanthropic back office with data entry, administrative support, and prospect research responsibilities. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn about the many facets of a development department and to play a significant role in the growth and sustainability of our programs for children and families!
You are extremely detail-oriented and enjoy supporting a team in the critical behind-the-scenes functions of a department. You are passionate about bringing your skills to bear in advancing an important cause and you are looking to join a great team at an exciting point in the organization’s history. You are curious and enjoy learning new things. You thrive on the feeling of accomplishment that comes with the successful completion of a big project—like wrapping up year-end gift entry, supporting the team in maximizing the relationship with donors, or seeing the fruit of several months’ labor realized at a fundraising event.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurately enter donations made to Childhaven via check, credit cards and direct depositsinto our fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge NXT). Ensure proper coding of gifts in terms of campaign, fund, and appeal
- Retrieve data information on a daily basis from different online donation sources as back-up for gifts received via Electronic Fund Transfer and Automated Clearing House
- Attach gift pledges to opportunities
- Prepare timely and accurate thank you receipts, acknowledgement letters, and other donor correspondence
- Monitor recurring gifts for updates (credit card declines and renewals)
- Routinely review, update, and maintain data records to ensure accuracy and data integrity
- Manage matching gift program
- Provide assistance to Development Systems Manager with database maintenance
- Seasonal: support special events, helping with registration and auction item management for Childhaven’s annual auction, luncheon, and 3rd party events. (Note: this will require working occasional nights and weekends)
- In partnership with team leadership, identify target prospects in database for additional screening and research, keeping an ongoing list of research requests and proactive discovery of new leads
- Produce current and prospective donor research profiles for Major Gifts Team
- Assists with leads list management for Major Gifts Team
- Other duties as assigned, including administrative tasks
- Associate’s degree
- or high school diploma + 2 years of experience in similar role
- Knowledge of fundraising processes and online donation systems
- Significant data entry experience, including typing and 10-key
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to learn complex data entry procedures quickly
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously and coordinate across teams to manage their completion
- Proficiency in software applications, including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- A willingness to learn and use automation (scripts, macros)
We are dedicated to recruiting candidates who reflect the diversity and lived experiences of the communities we serve. Multilingual and multicultural candidates are encouraged to apply! In addition to position specific qualifications, preferable skills include:
- Fundraising database experience (we utilize Raiser's Edge NXT)
- Experience with online giving platforms (we utilize Classy)
- Experience with event software (we utilize Greater Giving and Classy Live)
- Experience with Import Omatic software is ideal
Childhaven has committed to equitable compensation practices, including pre-determining what roles require and the qualities needed from the individual that will fill the role. To achieve this, Childhaven uses a grade and step approach to determine the compensation of each team member.
We strive to make Childhaven a great place to work by living our values: Teamwork, Equity, Excellence, Dedication, Respect, and Reflection. Here’s a bit of what we offer our staff:
- We believe in a fully transparent hiring process.
- We offer a comprehensive Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance. Expanded benefits include a flexible spending account (FSA), healthcare reimbursement account, and 403(b) savings program. A full listing of benefits is available.
- Opportunities to attend a wide variety of trainings on clinical and educational topics, advocacy, and more.
- We’re dedicated to serving the full range of cultural diversity in our community, and to providing families with care that’s relevant to them. As a member of Childhaven staff, you’ll be encouraged to contribute to community engagement strategies and our antiracism council, which makes ongoing recommendations to ensure that our programs and protocols are doing their part to dismantle systemic racism.
Childhaven values organizational culture and professional development. Team members at Childhaven have the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through the following:
- Project work groups
- Clinical and/or reflective supervision
- Community advocacy and engagement
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Racial Equity Council (DIREC)
***HOW TO APPLY***
Please apply through our website. If you require an accommodation to participate in the application or selection process, please let us know.
This position will be open until filled; applicants are encouraged to apply. In addition to completing the application online, please attach a resume and cover letter when prompted.
Childhaven would like to get an accurate understanding of each applicant’s experience and interest.