Reliance Fire Protection, Inc., a subsidiary of Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Company, is a full-service fire protection contractor with complete design, installation, inspection, testing and maintenance capability that has been in business for over 25 years and offers a challenging work environment.
At Davis-Ulmer we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for an Service Coordinator at our office in Baltimore, MD. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
Life and Disability Insurance Options
The Service Coordinator is responsible for the accurate completion and maintenance of customer accounts, jobs, and invoicing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Opens new service jobs in the system, or assist salesperson in opening, to ensure correct information has been entered to accurately bill and maintain the job.
- Assists in obtaining information needed for each job such as, PO #'s, tax-exempt forms, insurance certificates, utilization reports, credit applications, and certified payroll information.
- Oversees small projects by visiting job sites of ongoing jobs and ordering necessary material for jobs. Ensures all materials for the job are entered into the system to ensure the correct costing.
- Maintains an accurate database, ensuring that all customer information is correct.
- Accurately prepares and invoices customer per the requirements of the job and the customer to ensure that billing procedures are followed.
- Works closely with the customer concerning updates on the job, questions on the invoices, and/or the receiving of service calls and emergency calls, if needed.
- Works closely with sales/project managers to make sure invoicing is being completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Enters employee weekly time into the payroll system, ensuring accuracy.
- Scans and uploads all necessary documents into each customer folders/files within the electronic document storage system.
- Follow up with customers on outstanding invoices, ensuring that customers have been accurately invoiced and all documentation is present.
- Schedule technicians and coordinate staffing for Emergency service calls.
- Take service calls and provide repair pricing for call-in customers.
- Coordinate with Inspection department to identify field quotes and deficiencies on reports.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma/GED with an Associate's Degree preferred.
- Previous experience in an administrative setting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in fire protection industry a plus.
- Good oral, written and telephone skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Moderate to advanced computer skills (Microsoft products, AS400 system)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business procedures and regulations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, taxes, interest, commissions, etc.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment – moderate noise
- Mostly sedentary role with the need to move about the office to copy, scan, fax and file
- Will require opening of heavy file cabinets with bending, stooping or kneeling to file
- May require light lifting of storage boxes or other light office items
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"