Human Resources Consultant - Alternative HR
Full-time or Part-time consulting opportunity, depending on your desire for flexibility and self-direction!
This isn't your normal corporate-HR, career-track, gig. We do human resources differently, working primarily with employers who have no HR professional on staff. Our consultants enjoy the challenge and autonomy that comes with this opportunity, the flexibility and life-first balance the position provides, and the trust and appreciation of both co-workers and clients.
- If you have a knack for helping those around you excel, you might be interested in this opportunity.
- If you have a combination of empathy, problem-solving abilities, and confidence, you'll be even more interested.
- If you are able to give advise directly, yet tactfully, that's even better.
- And, if you can keep up with a high performing team of HR pros who collaborate, support and encourage one another, we are interested in you!
Alternative HR provides outsourced HR on an as-needed, fractional or interim basis, depending on clients' needs. Our human resource professionals work on a strategic level with business owners and CEOs, but they also do the heavy lifting when our clients need to find, develop and lead people, comply with laws and regulations, and create a work environment where individuals and organizations can excel. While based in Sioux Falls, we work with clients and their employees wherever they are located. In a normal week, you will work with multiple employers and projects, interact with front-line employees, CEO's and business owners, and have opportunities to make real impact in the organizations we serve.
If you have 5 to 7 years of HR Generalist, Manager or Director experience, with strong recruiting and talent acquisition success, and have good understanding of people and business, this is an opportunity you might enjoy.
As one of our consultants, you may be asked to:
- Conduct HR Risk Assessments
- Manage Human Resource functions for clients
- Assist clients with recruiting and screening
- Implement HR processes and systems
- Review and update job descriptions, employment handbooks, etc.
- Consult with key executives re. HR objectives; recommend strategies
- Coach managers and supervisors on personnel and performance issues
- Help clients comply with federal and state employment laws
- Assist with compensation and benefits analysis
- BA/BS in business, human resources or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of successful HR generalist experience and broad HR knowledge
- Strong talent acquisition experience and success
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills needed
- Strong organizational and project management skills necessary
- Competent with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe and HR Information Systems
- Confident, professional, positive, with ability to meet deadlines - and juggle multiple tasks
- Ability/willingness to travel to some client locations (generally in SE South Dakota)
- HR certification or advanced degree preferred
Benefits include health allowance, supplemental insurance, PTO, VTO, paid holidays, 401k plan, flexible hours, continuing ed allowance, and an awesome team with which to work! Weekday hours are normal, with considerable flexibility, depending on assignments. For more information about Alternative HR, check out our website: https://alternativehr.com/opportunities!