ECEAP Teacher’s Aide
Full-time, Regular Status, FLSA Nonexempt
Location: South King County/Federal Way, WA
$16.30 - $20.24 hourly
Based on years of applicable experience
10-month schoolyear program
Childhaven is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are upholding this by recruiting candidates of every race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender or gender identity, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and all other historically marginalized and excluded communities other protected status as provided by law. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives to the workplace are highly encouraged to apply!
We are proud to be a values-driven organization that serves families from diverse communities. Our values guide us in the way we treat each other, the decisions we make, and the success we achieve. The following are the values guide our work:
- TEAMWORK: Relationships come first.
- EQUITY: There’s infinite value in every human.
- EXCELLENCE: Constructively dissatisfied with the status quo.
- DEDICATION: Do more. Do better.
- RESPECT: Meet people where they are.
- REFLECTION: Feelings Matter. Stepping back and exploring possibilities.
Childhaven is a leader in serving children, families, and communities that have experienced trauma and adversity. We are building a continuum of care model that is growing to respond to the changing needs of families by combining our legacy of healing-centered care, with the expertise of community partners. Going forward, we are embarking on a new and ambitious strategic impact plan to further strengthen programs, expand impact, and embrace innovation.
You are a passionate and dedicated individual who shares our vision: To help ensure that all children are safe and healthy; thriving physically, socially emotionally and educationally; and well nurtured by family and by their community. You too are constructively dissatisfied with the status quo. You are equal parts learner, leader and mentor and see around the corners of a challenge, replaying the question of “What if…” with a reply of “Why not…” If this sounds like you, then we want to meet, get to know you, and talk more about the positive impact we could have together.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Childhaven is seeking a dynamic ECEAP Teacher’s Aide to support us in achieving our mission, vision, goals, and values. Above all, the selected candidate will bring enthusiasm for helping us build and support a passionate and skilled workforce of diverse professionals who make significant positive impacts on the lives of children, families, and communities. Currently located in South King County (Federal Way), this position will report to our Early Learning Program Director.
The Teacher’s Aide assists the teachers in the daily routine of the program. The primary focus includes meal preparations, family-style meal implementation and cleanup, and/or working with children and assisting the classroom.
- Responsible for knowledge of and compliance with USDA, Food Handler’s and ECEAP policies and procedures regarding kitchen/meals/cleanup.
- Checks the temperature of food to assure it meets standard requirements.
- Serves food, identifying the children’s dietary accommodations with information provided by the teacher/FSS.
- Performs a variety of duties in receiving, storing, preparing, serving, transporting, and cleanup of meals.
- As requested by lead teacher, includes children in preparing, serving, eating, and cleanup of meals or nutrition projects in a manner that meets Health and ECEAP program requirements and safety standards.
- Participates in family-style mealtimes with children.
- Sets up kitchen, organizes kitchen routine, and replenishes kitchen supplies by contacting responsible parties.
- Stores, refrigerates, heats, divides food into serving containers, and arranges food in an appealing manner.
- Sets tables; distributes and collects eating utensils.
- Washes dishes, pots, serving containers, and utensils by hand and/or machine.
- Cleans tables, chairs, counters, equipment, and floors.
- Other related job duties as assigned.
Interactions with Children/Classroom
- Assists teachers with the supervision of children.
- Supervises children 1:1 or in group settings at the direction of a teacher.
- Participates in the implementation of daily curriculum and routine with children, inside and outside.
- Interacts positively with children to support their learning and meet their emotional needs.
- Contributes to the developmentally appropriate and safe preschool environment.
- Interacts with children in a manner appropriate to their age and stage of development.
- Assists teachers with first aid and injury/health forms.
- Diapers children and assists with toilet training when requested by a lead teacher.
- Assists teachers in setting up and/or cleaning the classroom and activities, including laundry and cleaning toys.
- Assists in maintaining equipment and storing supplies.
- Complies with the agency policy and procedure regarding the identification and reporting of suspected child abuse.
- Adheres to all Childhaven policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous food service experience, preferably in a preschool/early childhood setting.
- Fingerprinting and background check.
- MERIT Identification.
- First Aid and CPR certification within 90 days of hire.
- Food and Beverage Handler’s Permit within 90 days of hire.
- Completion of a one-step Mantoux tuberculosis (TB) skin test, unless there is written proof of one in the following:
- A negative Mantoux test in the 12 months prior to hire;
- Medication therapy to treat TB;
- Or a recent negative chest x-ray and a statement from a healthcare provider that the individual does not pose a risk to others.
We are dedicated to recruiting candidates who reflect the diversity and lived experiences of the communities we serve. Multilingual and multicultural candidates are encouraged to apply!
Childhaven has committed to equitable compensation practices, including pre-determining what roles require and the qualities needed from the individual that will fill the role. To achieve this, Childhaven uses a grade and step approach to determine the compensation of each team member.
We strive to make Childhaven a great place to work by living our values: Teamwork, Equity, Excellence, Dedication, Respect, and Reflection. Here’s a bit of what we offer our staff:
- We believe in a fully transparent hiring process.
- We offer a comprehensive Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance. Expanded benefits include a flexible spending account (FSA), healthcare reimbursement account, and 403(b) savings program. A full listing of benefits is available.
- Opportunities to attend a wide variety of trainings on clinical and educational topics, advocacy, and more.
- We’re dedicated to serving the full range of cultural diversity in our community, and to providing families with care that’s relevant to them. As a member of Childhaven staff, you’ll be encouraged to contribute to community engagement strategies and our antiracism council, which makes ongoing recommendations to ensure that our programs and protocols are doing their part to dismantle systemic racism.
Childhaven values organizational culture and professional development. Team members at Childhaven have the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through the following:
- Project work groups
- Clinical and/or reflective supervision
- Community advocacy and engagement
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Racial Equity Council (DIREC)
***HOW TO APPLY***
Please apply through our website. If you require an accommodation to participate in the application or selection process, please let us know.
This position will be open until filled; applicants are encouraged to apply. In addition to completing the application online, please attach a resume and cover letter when prompted.
Childhaven would like to get an accurate understanding of each applicant’s experience and interest.