Boys & Girls Clubs of the Sioux Empire is the largest childcare provider in South Dakota serving 1,200 children from birth to 18 years of age daily. With programs and locations throughout Sioux Falls, Brandon, and Harrisburg, BGCSE is able to support parents throughout the Greater Sioux Falls area in guiding their children toward a fulfilling and meaningful future. BGCSE is committed to excellence by striving to provide an enriched environment that meets the physical, emotional, social, and intellectual needs of each child we serve.
If this mission resonates with you and you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of youth, then you might be a great fit for an Assistant Teacher position in one of our classrooms!
What would you do?
- Assist with classroom operations and help supervise kids through fun and educational activities.
- Supervise and ensure the safety and well-being of kids at all times, being alert to the needs and problems of the kids and groups.
- Serve lunch or snacks as scheduled and clean up any spills and messes afterwards.
- This role can be either part time or full time. We are flexible based on the needs of the candidate who is a good for our team.
- Our shifts are Monday to Friday between the hours of 6:00am to 6:30pm.
- Preference will be given to full time candidates that are available 10am-6:30pm and part time candidates who can work shorter shifts until 6:30pm.
- Starting pay for this role is $14.00 per hour, depending on the program.
- We have four main age groups you can pick to work in: infants and toddlers, preschool and pre-k, K-5 (elementary school age), and teens.
- Our job offers are contingent upon a post-offer screening process which includes, but is not limited to: a background check, child abuse and neglect screening, and drug screen.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Previous experience working with youth is preferred, but not required. We are willing to completely train the right person!
- Previous education or training in early childhood development and behaviors is helpful, but also not required.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Must be comfortable working with youth.
What can we offer you?
- We offer a wide variety of benefits including four different medical plan options, dental, vision, 401(k) with a matching program, employer paid life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, a paid time off package that includes vacation days and paid holidays, and more! Eligibility requirements do apply to these benefits based on number of hours per week and status.
- We invest in our talent: you'll have at least 10 and up to 20 hours of paid in-service training each full year. Other professional development opportunities may be available on case by case basis.
- Discounted childcare rates for dependents are available through BGCSE, and we offer payroll deduction options for childcare tuition payments.
- All of our employees have access to a local Sioux Falls based discount portal with many savings opportunities. Discounts can include automotive care, clothing, fitness centers, home improvement, hotels, jewelry, mortgages and realtors, photographers, recreation, restaurants, and more!
- BGCSE has teamed up with the South Dakota Department of Health's cancer programs to help support our worksites and improve cancer screening rates. We offer paid leave options separate from PTO to take optional screening(s). This program is available to all employees who are not seasonal or temporary.
- The opportunity to work for a non-profit that strives to make a positive impact in your community.
- We have a branded apparel and accessories portal so you can purchase BGCSE logo wear - with a free payroll deduction option!
- You can help pick your coworkers - we have a referral bonus program that pays both the referring employee and the referred employee. Amounts can vary depending on the campaign we are currently running.