Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour
The Construction Laborer will perform a wide range of physical labor tasks in support of workers on the construction site.
- Assists skilled workers as assigned. This may include jobs such as demolition, carrying lumber, or construction.
- Unloads materials that are delivered such as lumber or bags of cement and distributes them to the appropriate location as identified by the supervisor, project plans, or specifications.
- Prepares layout area where construction will take place by properly measuring, marking, or recording openings or distances.
- Prepares tools and materials for skilled workers such as mixing cement or preparing to floor for installation.
- Cleans and prepares specific areas of Jobsite as assigned. This may include digging trenches; erecting scaffolding; cleaning up rubble, debris, and trash; or removing hazardous materials.
- Operates a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Directs traffic near, in, or around work zones.
- Motions equipment operator to assist with alignment, movement, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials.
- Cleans Jobsite at the end of the day, ensuring trash is properly disposed of and materials or equipment are properly stored.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to listen to, understand, and follow directions.
- Ability to remain flexible as specific assignments change.
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic as needed to count and take inventory.
Education and Experience:
- Prior job experience preferred.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Must have physical strength, balance, hand-eye coordination, and stamina necessary to complete jobs in various areas.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 80 pounds and push and/or pull 50-pound loads at a time.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to stand and walk up to eight hours per day and climb multiple sets of stairs while carrying materials weighing between 40 and 60 pounds.
- Must be able to work some Saturdays and at night, when needed.