We know you’ve seen our trucks all over town – now come and see what else we have to offer! The Jamar Company, powered by APi Group, is a highly skilled, multi-trade specialty contractor and service provider with a mission to be the best. We are the premier specialty construction and service provider in our area and believe in strong leadership development, live our values, and take pride in our work. Does this sound like a place you want to be? We want to add to our team – are you willing to learn, interested in a terrific opportunity, and looking to grow your career? Read on! And check us out at www.jamarcompany.com.
ALL ABOUT YOU:
You are an innovative, self-directed individual who thrives on multi-tasking while maintaining high attention to detail to fill a Contract Specialist role. You enjoy working with a dynamic team and take a positive and proactive approach to working with customers. This is an exciting position for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, busy environment and brings with them initiative, excellent problem-solving and organization skills, and the desire to make an impact at Jamar.
- Processes company contract review and coordination between corporate and satellite offices ensuring that all contracts have been properly authorized and fully executed copies are on file. Executes, files and forwards contracts to owners; reviews details with Project Managers and researches and responds to questions.
- Reviews COI requests: negotiates terms, master renewals and follows-up to complete the process.
- Negotiates and issues subcontracts and insurance limits for subcontractors working on our sites.
- Process all subcontract related paperwork, including pre-qualifications and COI, and ensure that insurances follow Jamar customer requirements.
- Processes/executes contracts, files, and records; sends final contracts to Project Manager and subcontractor.
- Develops and maintains the Approved Vendors List. Issues pre-qualification for subcontractors; collects, reviews, files and maintains vendor data.
- Maintains HPP licenses policy and procedure.
- Maintain MSVA’s/renewals/insurance certificates and endorsements.
- Manages HPP state/project bond requirements ensuring timely renewals and applications for new locations/projects.
- Coordinate document storage for ease of retrieval, including placing documents in job files as required. Maintains contract folders.
- Develops contracts for departments as requested, develops, and maintains qualified subcontractor lists and agreements templates.
- Miscellaneous tasks as required to accomplish mission and vision of all companies and API Group.
- 2-year Associate degree or insurance license and 2 years of experience, or 4 years of contract or insurance related experience
- Understanding and knowledge of construction contract terms, concepts, and standards.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite products, SharePoint a plus.
- Data entry and keyboarding proficiency with high degree of accuracy required
We offer compensation in line with experience and excellent benefits including
- Four different medical plans to choose from, offered by BCBS
- Vision, Dental
- 401K with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Profit Sharing
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Robust training and development opportunities
The Jamar Company strives to create a culture and environment that is inviting, encouraging and supportive of people of all backgrounds so that diverse voices, thoughts, and perspectives may be heard and amplified. All are encouraged to apply!