Salary: $41,000 - $50,000
The Sr. Human Resources Assistant performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties for the Human Resources Department to include creating and tracking metrics. Responsible for providing technical support for the training and development programs at HRT. Support will include the processing of materials, documents, or records for the HR Department. In addition, must meet multiple demands on a timely basis.
Essential Job Functions
(Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
- Gather and provide data for compensation surveys and/or develops custom surveys as needed.
- Performs research for position compensation/classification benchmarking as needed.
- Assist with updating and maintaining the job descriptions for the agency.
- Assist in the collection, review and preparation of HR monthly benchmarking/metric data or other requested reports.
- Review and process employee self-service name change transactions and update the address for previous employees in PeopleSoft HCM.
- Create purchase requisitions in Microsoft D365.
- Submit, print, and file all Cobra New Hire and Termination letters.
- Create monthly Random List for the various departments.
- Track Drug and Alcohol testing.
- Create Positive test result letters for employees and applicants.
- Assist with Drug & Alcohol Program.
- Purge and prep all old personnel files and new hire files.
- Enter information into LMS.
- Prepare, facilitate, monitor, evaluate and document training activities in the company.
- Identify internal and external training programs to address competency gaps.
- Partner with internal stakeholders regarding employee training needs.
- Inform employees about training options.
- Map out training plans for individual employees.
- Map out training plans for departments.
- Track and report on training outcomes.
- Provide feedback to program participants and management.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on training material and methodology.
- Assist with Succession Planning.
- Gives support to the FTA triennial reviews, drug and alcohol audits, independent audits, state audits, EEO Program auditing, etc.
- Assist with a variety of special projects.
- Assist HR Analyst, Benefits Administrator, Benefits Specialist, and Training and Development Specialist.
- Process incoming information and documents using appropriate technology and equipment.
- Validate integrity of accessioned records using established quality control procedures to verify completeness/thoroughness of the records (check creation date, originator, and file name to validate a record’s content).
- Maintains official HRT personnel records and files confidential documents in compliance with HRT policy and applicable legal requirements.
- Confirm and verify data in the RIM software application according to established procedures.
- Perform imaging and digitizing activities in support of the RIM program and project objectives by following established procedures.
- Follow established procedures to protect the integrity and authenticity of records.
- Migrate data and/or media by following approved procedures that address the elements of data accessibility and authenticity.
- Review and update data to increase efficiency of the record repository and perform data normalization, cleanup, and reconciliation activities.
- Provide reprographics imaging services as directed.
- Respond to specific requests by searching, locating, retrieving, and delivering records or information through established procedures and delivery systems in a timely manner.
- Perform assigned tasks supporting the implementation of the organization’s approved retention schedules.
- Dispose of records in accordance with RIM policies and procedures to meet the compliance requirements of the organization.
- Comply with records security classification policy and procedures.
- Support the security of records by following organizational policy.
- Communicate and interact with customers to provide effective customer service.
- Assist with a variety of special HR projects.
- Represents and serves on committees for the Human Resources Department as assigned.
- Prepares and/or coordinate with other departments any documentation required in support of the FTA triennial reviews, independent audits, state audits, EEO Program audit, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT’s EMS.
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance with HRT’s Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan.
- Maintains working relationship with HRT personnel.
- Assist the Director of HR with any other duties as may be required from time to time either directly or indirectly related to the records management function. Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions:
- Ability to work closely and have extensive interaction with all departments.
- Have strong organizational skills and be able to organize own work, work independently and additionally must be able to follow routines and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task job functions and coordinate information and resources for efficient and effective Department performance.
- Familiarity with Policies and Procedures, Operation Work Rules and Regulations, and the Collective Bargaining Unit Agreement.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of RIM technologies and best practices.
- Knowledge of RIM software and imaging hardware.
- Knowledge of quality control techniques.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with HRT staff verbally and in writing.
Required Software Knowledge and Skills essential to Job Functions:
Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with performance of assigned work is essential. Basic problem-solving skills associated with software applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated.
E-mail – Microsoft Outlook; PeopleSoft HCM; Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Photo Editor; Adobe Acrobat Professional, Bentley View, and Application Xtender.
Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’s self, fellow employees, and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures and policies. Take an active part in reporting unsafe conditions and any hazards within the workplace to their Supervisor, Manager and/or the Safety Department.
Training and/or Education:
Minimum qualifications include (experience may be substituted for education):
- Associate degree from a two-year accredited college with course concentration in human resources, business management, training or related field; or
- Experience with training
- Knowledge of learning management systems.
- Knowledge of training methodologies.
A minimum of two years of experience in business administration required. Requires experience in operating office equipment such as reprographics equipment and digital imaging scanners. Requires strong computer skills including working knowledge of desktop office software and demonstrated competency in proofreading.
Licenses or Certificates:
Virginia Driver’s License
This position is classified as non-essential personnel.
Work requires some physical effort in the operation of a keyboard device and scanner, filing, moving records in boxes and other containers, lifting standard records storage boxes weighing at least 35 lbs, and climbing stairs to reach file storage areas. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis. Duties may require some seasonal overtime. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.