SSRS conducts research around a wide variety of topics, including health care, public opinion, politics, sports, technology, religion, media use, financial health, and a host of other important issues. Our clients come from academic, non-profit, government, and commercial sectors and our work informs critical decision-making in all those areas. Our team is made up of people who are passionate about research and are skilled in all aspects of the research process, including study design; quantitative data collection using telephone, internet, mail, and mixed mode methods; qualitative research; and analysis and reporting.
We are seeking Research Directors (RD), with approximately 3-5 years of experience, who will support our work and grow with us. The RD is responsible for implementation and oversight of projects of increasing complexity from study initiation through delivery of data and reporting. The RD estimates projects and writes proposals, either independently or with the Account Executive. The RD manages, maintains, and grows existing clients and oversees all work involved in successful project execution.
Ideal candidates are based in our Glen Mills, PA office, but remote work is a possibility for the right candidate.
- Provide research support for a wide variety of studies using different survey modalities
- Take ownership of projects under their direction
- Responsible for quality control of projects, including checking survey programs, mailing materials, coding, crosstabs, SPSS files, and all other client deliverables
- Communicate with internal operational teams
- Maintain project-specific schedules and monitor timelines
- Document project processes and procedures
- Review and format questionnaires
- Produce fieldwork and progress reports and draft basic analysis of trends and outliers
- Prepare data reports in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Collaborate with the Research Director on client communications
- Conduct background research
- Other duties as the needs of the business dictate
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in marketing, social science, business, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Ability to problem solve/critical thinking
- Professional attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft products, particularly Excel
- Organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects while preserving attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Familiarity with SPSS or another statistical package preferred (not required)
SSRS believes equal opportunity is an important ingredient in our continued success. Candidates are selected for employment on the basis of their qualifications for the position without consideration of sex, race, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, religion, creed, age, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, and other classifications protected by applicable law.
What we offer you:
AUS offers its employees the the opportunity to share in the ownership of the company through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Along with the ESOP, we offer our employees to participate in a 401(k) plan.
We also offer our full time employees the option to participate in our suite of Health benefits including Medical, Health and Flexible Spending accounts, Dental, Vision, Life Insurances, Disability plans, both short and long term, various voluntary benefits including home and car insurance, pet insurance and ldentity theft protection.
Along with our retirement and medical benefits, employees can balance their work and personal life with our vacation, sick and holiday paid time off benefit.