Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Savings (IPERS and/or 403b) with generous company match
- Paid time off and 9 company paid holidays
- Short Term Disability
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional benefits: Flexible Spending, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, Voluntary Accident
The Food Donor Relationship Manager formulates strategy and develops plans to solicit donations of food and other products from the food industry including manufacturers, distributors, farmers, and supermarkets. This position is responsible for securing a steady flow of food donations from local food donors by cultivating existing relationships and developing new relationships with and local network partners and food donors in our seven county food bank service area.
SCHEDULE AND WAGE
Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; $26.98 per hour
*This position is eligible for a $1200 retention incentive after successfully completing 180 days of employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and cultivate new food donors including retailers, processors, manufacturers, restaurants, cafeterias (schools, hospitals, etc.), vegetable growers and meat processors throughout our service area to ensure food donations increase annually.
- Cultivate current food donors with the goal of receiving more pounds per donation and more frequent donations, preventing attrition.
- Collaborate with Operations Team to make the most efficient use of transportation and other logistics needed for handling donations.
- Provide required monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as required by food donors, Feeding America, USDA, and food bank leadership
- Collaborates with Development Manager to develop and maintain consistent messaging and donor stewardship processes for food and monetary donors.
- Determines form and frequency of solicitations and develops a system of food donor tracking, reporting and acknowledgments.
- Works with agency food sourcing staff to ensure inventory needs are met.
- Works with the Warehouse Operations team to communicate incoming shipments and create strategies to reduce waste.
- Facilitate and maintains Agency Store Donation Program.
- Provide ongoing training to retail partners and agency staff involved in the store donation program.
- Hosts industry visits and tours demonstrating our mission and the importance of donors to impact the communities we serve.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, or related field or equivalent amount of education and experience combined
- Two years or more related experience in customer relations, food sales, marketing, or the food industry.
Skills and/or Abilities
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and customer service skills; comfortable with public speaking.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Self-starter, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
- Ability to attend work functions outside of normal work hours, on weekends and evenings, as needed.
- Must be able to clearly articulate our mission.
- Ability to relate effectively and professionally with other staff, volunteers, agency representatives and the public.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Valid Driver’s license
- Valid personal car insurance