About the Company
This is an exciting time to join our team. We are growing, we are profitable, we are investing in our Company and we have big plans for the future! Alloy is comprised of engineers and scientists who tailor their expertise to meet the needs of all clients, large and small, including some of the largest mining and industrial customers in the country. Alloy is a full-service national abatement, demolition and engineering consulting powerhouse.
We are looking for an Assistant Site Manager/Lead Operator to join our vibrant and growing Engineering division of Alloy. The desired candidate will be responsible for managing daily operations and maintenance at a mine reclamation and water treatment site in southwest Colorado. Duties will consist primarily of conducting inspections, maintenance, and operations of water treatment facilities, including water sampling and calibration of instruments. This is a full-time position based out of our Rico, Colorado field office. We offer the successful applicant a rewarding work environment and a highly competitive salary and benefit package.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Operate and maintain water treatment systems for mine discharge;
- Manage and conduct water treatment and site infrastructure inspections;
- Manage and conduct site infrastructure maintenance, including instrument calibrations;
- Manage paperwork from site operations, inspections, and Health, Safety, Security, and Environment (HSSE) documentation;
- Conduct surface water and groundwater sampling;
- Provide contractor oversight and logistics;
- Coordinate with project management teams and other discipline leads to manager project deliverables, ensuring schedule and budget are achieved;
- When required, work collaboratively with other departments, environmental regulators, and other staff on project related work; and
- Participate in HSSE Policies, Procedures, Standards, and Guidelines in the execution of all work.
Required Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Experience working in arduous and variable weather conditions;
- Experience managing small teams;
- Experience operating and maintaining equipment such as pumps, instruments, and small engines; and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
Preferred Skills, Education & Requirements
- Experience with water treatment or environmental remediation systems, and environmental sampling;
- Experience operating heavy equipment such as skid-steer, mini excavator, or loader;
- Experience providing contractor safety and quality oversight;
- B.S. degree in Environmental Science or Engineering, Geology, or similar discipline;
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certification; and
- CPR/First Aid Training
Alloy provides an excellent work environment, strong and competitive benefits, outstanding safety culture, and a solid career path for the employee that excels.
Alloy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.