About the Company
This is an exciting time to join our team. We are growing, we are profitable, we are investing in our Company and we have big plans for the future! Alloy is made up of engineers and scientists who tailor their expertise to meet the needs of all clients, large and small, including some of the largest mining and industrial customers in the country. Alloy is a full-service national abatement, demolition and engineering consulting powerhouse and we are looking for talented professionals to join our team.
Because of our commitment to client satisfaction, Alloy has grown into an industry leader. The driving force behind this success is our unwavering belief in clear and effective communication. We’re searching for an experienced technical writer to join our team and help take our client-focused services to new heights. As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience in a highly technical field. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are not hard to understand when communicated properly.
Objectives of this Role
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards
- Obtain a deep understanding of services to translate complex technical information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including project summaries, design specifications, graphics, etc.
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various technical experts to understand project requirements
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write technical specifications, summary reports, proposals and process documentation
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy information retrieval
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
- Perform technical editing of project deliverables and marketing materials.
- Ensure work products adhere to company brand and quality standards.
- Assist in marketing efforts by reviewing RFPs/RFQs, developing proposal outlines, coordinating development and review schedules, and verifying compliance.
- Provide additional project-related administrative support, such as file management, team correspondence, meeting facilitation, and workload planning
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field
- 2-4 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and proposals for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Experience working with marketing or business development content
- Superior time management skills, detail-oriented, and adept at prioritizing among multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and on a team
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word; proficient in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat (experience with InDesign and SharePoint is a plus)
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization
- Experience using Publisher
- Strong graphics development or editing expertise
Alloy provides an excellent work environment, strong and competitive benefits, outstanding educational opportunities and a solid career path for the employee that excels.
Alloy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.