Control Engineer Technician
We know you’ve seen our trucks all over town – now come and see what else we have to offer! The Jamar Company, powered by APi Group, is a highly skilled, multi-trade specialty contractor and service provider with a mission to be the best. We are the premier specialty construction and service provider in our area and believe in strong leadership development, live our values, and take pride in our work. Does this sound like a place you want to be? We want to add to our team – are you willing to learn, interested in a great opportunity and looking to grow your career? Read on! And check us out at www.jamarcompany.com.
ALL ABOUT YOU:
You are enthusiastic about meeting the needs of customers, creating true business relationships, and working in a collaborative team environment. You understand the importance of first impressions, you have strong, positive communication and people skills AND a desire to understand the businesses and what is important to our operations teams. You take pride in your work, are solutions and safety oriented, seek opportunities to move forward, and can work with a diverse set of personalities. You are a self-starter and can manage multiple projects at one time. You enjoy what you do and want to have fun while you work!
As a Control Engineer Technician at Jamar, you will:
- Safely manage operations in accordance with company policy and procedures; aggressively work to minimize hazards and to avoid/manage claims.
- Work closely with engineers, mechanics, and subcontractors to understand agreements and coordinate work scope.
- Develop HVAC controls equipment drawings, schedules, submittals, sequences of operations, material lists, network layouts, electrical schematics, and as built drawings; select hardware designs from several different control vendors.
- Design HVAC control programs and HVAC Building Automation Systems.
- Assist in compiling cost estimates and prepare proposals; provide technical recommendations on projects.
- Aggressively perform continuous self-study, to maintain a competitive edge in the industry and company’s standards, practices, and product lines; complete certifications as required.
- Perform material ordering, verification, and field change information for as-built drawings
- Provide direction and support in the installation and execution of control contracts.
- Perform commissioning, troubleshooting, testing, and tuning of controls and associated HVAC equipment.
- Provide assistance to design engineers and project managers during all project phases.
- Actively participate in programs, policies and initiatives designed to enhance the overall good of the company and corporation.
- Able to travel. This will vary based on project assignment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exhibit technical aptitude and computer skills, including MS Office (excel, word, power point), Adobe Writer, Visio, and basic Windows.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals, operations, commissioning and testing, HVAC concepts and theory, control sequences, and electrical theory and electrical potential.
- Experience troubleshooting HVAC and building control systems.
- Understanding of control system programming, best practices, and PID loops.
Experience with Variable Frequency Drives and parameter adjustment.
We offer compensation in line with experience and excellent benefits including
- Four different medical plans to choose from, offered by BCBS
- Vision, Dental
- 401K with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Profit Sharing
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Robust training and development opportunities
The Jamar Company strives to create a culture and environment that is inviting, encouraging and supportive of people of all backgrounds so that diverse voices, thoughts, and perspectives may be heard and amplified. All are encouraged to apply!