Dondlinger Construction Company is one of the industry’s most experienced general contractors with over 125 years in business. Founded in 1898, Dondlinger has a long history of completing landmark projects throughout the region, including Kansas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Missouri and Iowa. We have capabilities in commercial building, civil construction; including bridge and heavy highway, and underground utility construction. In addition, Dondlinger works year-round, has career advancement opportunities, and comprehensive benefits. Visit our website at www.dondlinger.biz to learn more about our completed and currently “under construction” projects, our rich past and our exciting future. Dondlinger Construction is an EEO Employer. Veterans, Women and Minorities and Disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Facility Services Coordinator
This position expects working hours generally between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday but could vary slightly for off hour service orders assignments as assigned by the Facility Services Manager.
- Plans for and manages several facility services clients at a time. The facility services coordinator is a take-charge leader who has a strong customer focus, a sense of urgency, good communication skills, and the desire to achieve high volume with rapid results at a successful cost.
- Call on and network with potential clients by making frequent phone calls or office visits where applicable and sharing service information.
- Be informative with Owner’s representatives during calls and site visits regarding the facility services offered.
- Coordinate and schedule with subcontractors and vendors prior to site work.
- Professionalism with Owners, vendors, craft workers and field employees.
- Rely on the project superintendent’s knowledge of locally completed projects during the transition from warranty periods and maintain open dialogue.
- Strive to be the first person/company potential clients think of when they contemplate reactive service or renovation.
- Responsible for actively soliciting service work with both new and recurring clients.
- Receives, plans, and coordinates project work orders related to facilities maintenance for plumbing, electrical, handyman/general contractor, HVAC/Refrigeration and more.
- Engages vendors to meet the needs of work orders as written.
- Analyzes and determines needs of customer to decide on necessary scope of work.
- Oversees progress of work orders from inception to completion.
- Resolves issues and refers significant issues to supervisor.
- Negotiates pricing with vendors if necessary to achieve results within budget.
- Reviews vendor invoices for accuracy before sending to accounting for processing.
- Resolves any discrepancies with vendor invoices prior to submitting for final payment.
- Ensures vendors understand scope of work and help to define details.
- Clearly communicate expectations to vendors.
- Provide outstanding customer service when answering phone calls and promptly responding to emails.
- Communicate with Corporate Contacts throughout the entire life of a work request.
- Ensure any changes to scope of work are documented and approved.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree desired, but would consider High School Diploma or GED for the right candidate
- 2 years or related experience helpful
- Experience with FEXA software helpful
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism and organizational skills
- Coachable with willingness to learn
- Construction experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate customer support personnel.
- Team oriented individual with initiative, willingness to train and mentor future service employees.
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Sound reasoning and decision-making skills
What do we offer?
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Great work environment
- Weekly pay