Beach Lake Sprinkler Fire Protection Services, a subsidiary of Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Company, was founded in 1992 and is a well-rounded fire protection company with two offices: Beach Lake, PA and Brooksville, FL. We excel in new construction, renovation, retrofit, and service work for warehouse, distribution, pharmaceutical, hospital, nursing home, industrial, residential and retail markets.
Fire Alarm Technician - Apprentice
We are currently seeking candidates for a Fire Alarm Technician- Apprentice at our office in Brooksville, FL. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
The Fire Alarm Technician works to represent Beach Lake Sprinkler while maintaining a safe work environment for both our internal and external customers. As a Technician, you will be installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting fire alarms in both a commercial and residential setting.
- Assist and/or perform troubleshooting, system programming, system testing/inspection/maintenance in a safe manner – working with multiple equipment manufacturers and at multiple customer sites
- Work with electrical connects, power sources and equipment, as necessary – understand and identifies existing voltages while safely engaging in a work of an electrical nature
- Maintain and perform all safety initiatives and precautions to include pre and post tool inspections and vehicle inspections, along with proper use of PPE
- Produce and maintain all applicable reports, documentation and electronic reporting procedures pertaining to inspections, service work, customers, jobsite, and tax performance details
- Review contract and design documents related to the project for accuracy prior to build of the system and provide comprehensive red line drawings at the completion of the project
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Some Electrical Experience preferred
- Good with installing and wiring low voltage wiring, back boxes, and devices
- Able to create observation reports of daily operations, while providing possible recommendations
- Able to take computer-based courses on-line and perform tasks trained on
- Strong communication, ethics, and customer service skills
- Have a positive work attitude
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- NICET certification, or the ability to obtain
- Valid State Driver License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in different environments, such as commercial or residential buildings – noise level could be quiet to moderate
- Ability to withstand heights and climb ladders comfortably
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"