Operational since 2001, Dakota Ethanol in Wentworth, SD produces more than 90 million gallons of ethanol annually. The company also produces distillers grains and non-food grade corn oil, providing a feed source for local livestock producers or the biodiesel industry. Dakota Ethanol is owned and operated by Lake Area Corn Processors, LLC, which is comprised of more than 1,000 members, the majority of whom are South Dakota farmers. Dakota Ethanol is committed to being a strong partner in the local community, a key player in the regional economy and a leader in South Dakota’s ethanol industry.
What you get to do!
The Commodities Operator is responsible for loading ethanol and distiller grains into rail cars and trucks, scale operation, and housekeeping of the loading and receiving facilities. The commodities operator will use mechanical equipment, heavy machinery, scales, meters and computers for timely and accurate loading.
What you get to do!
- Load trucks and rail cars with ethanol and distiller grains using computers, meters or scales as required to assure timely delivery of products.
- Operate wheeled equipment to load trucks and move rail cars.
- Manage ethanol tank farm including product transfers and preparation for shipment to market.
- Keep accurate and timely logs.
- Understand operation and maintenance of plant equipment; exhibit a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and a friendly atmosphere.
- Sustain facilities to maintain a clean environment and work area.
- Complete any and all tasks assigned, discuss any problems with the Management
- Maintain a team environment with other plant departments and champion Dakota Ethanol LLC in the community.
- Adhere to all safe work practices as a condition of employment; complies with all OSHA and safety requirements.
- Must be able to multi-task with accuracy and concentration under stress to meet deadlines and productivity demands.
What you need to have!
No experience necessary. Experience in truck loading and unloading, rail tanker and hopper car loading, pay loader and rail car mover preferred.
Must be able to: manage confined space entry, climb ladders and stairs, lift and move up to 60 lbs., work at heights.
Time will be spent indoors and outdoors operating machinery and computers in a manufacturing facility. Ability to sit for long periods of time.
Regularly exposed to dust, odors, fumes, noise, and temperature variations.
What you get from us!
Dakota Ethanol offers excellent compensation, 7:00am to 4:30pm M-F day shift, PLUS benefits and a NEW HIRE BONUS - health insurance, Flex Spending Account, dental, 401k with company match, PTO & paid holidays,100% company paid group life insurance/AD&D/long term disability, AFLAC and a team environment!
If this is an excellent fit for you to join us near Wentworth, SD, apply with us!
Sioux Falls and South Dakota is full of adventure & great place to live in the midwest, see for yourself! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTehfsx6mFY