PROVIDING RIGHT SOLUTIONS FOR ALL FIRE PROTECTION NEEDS SINCE 1990.
International Fire Protection (IFP) is an Alabama-based fire suppression company. We have charted our history and legacy in building a safer environment for our customers and communities. Therefore, LIFE SAFETY IS OUR BUSINESS, as such, we promise to provide the best life safety service to our customers through quality, integrity, honesty, and customer satisfaction.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flex Spending Accounts (health and dependent)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Supplemental Insurance (life, disability, accidental, critical)
Successful candidate should like working with others and being part of a team. Design and create sprinkler systems using plans, drawings, and drafting skills. Production of drawings would be used for installation and be depended upon for every step of project management and completion. Responsible for initial project planning including estimating design time, man hours, and analyzing potential changes/problems/concerns. Coordinate and assist superintendent and sales representative for duration of project.
- Review contract documents and coordinate with subs and GC/owner to gather information required
- Determine construction feasibility and system possibilities
- Create system designs using specialized fire sprinkler layout software
- Estimate/list material needed for project
- Perform hydraulic calculations
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers to ensure their needs and expectations are being met
- Coordinate with other depts. as needed
- Perform project management functions as required
- Complete and/or assist with other assigned responsibilities as directed by branch manager
- NICET certification - Level I or higher in Design Layout
- 3-5 years experience in commercial and/or industrial fire sprinkler design
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, AutoSprink, HydraCAD or other specialized fire sprinkler layout software
- Ability to work in a timely manner and meet deadlines
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to communicate properly and professionally, both verbally and by documentation
- Ability to coordinate and work well with others
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
International Fire Protection Inc. and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran