Mears Construction, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Construction, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
A locator is responsible for HDD placement, utilizing the latest in electronics to navigate the drill stem in a trenchless operation.
Compensation: $30-34 based on experience
What Do You Offer Us?
- Reading maps and blueprints to determine where utilities are located, marking the location of existing utilities for future reference
- Utility locators may use electronic detection equipment in their work
- May regularly be exposed to heat, cold, rain and other elements of outdoor weather
- The utility locator may also have to perform physical activities such as using a shovel to unearth utilities as well
- At all times, these professionals must follow safety procedures and laws
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Weekly Payroll
- Industry-leading benefits: health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, paid time off (PTO) and 401(k)
What is Required?
- High school diploma or equivalent is needed for this position
- A valid Commercial Driver's License
- Experience in a similar position is required
- The ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, to bend and stoop, and to lift heavy items is essential; it is also sometimes necessary to enter manholes
- Since this job requires traveling to different locations, it is important to have a valid driver’s license as well
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.