J. Fletcher Creamer & Son, Inc. is currently looking for a Technical Support Specialist to support company employees with their digital needs. The position is based in our Hackensack, NJ office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installation and configuration of new workstations, notebooks, tablets, digital copiers, printers, telephones (desk and cellular), etc. (IT Assets). Maintain equipment in good working order and coordinate the repair of equipment. Perform asset management and hardware audits for all IT assets.
- Provide help desk assistance to users. Investigate, repair and troubleshoot problems reported by users. Coordinate repairs and purchases with vendors.
- Assist with networking projects assigned by Network Administrator.
- Troubleshoot/performance component-level repair of PCs, laptops, such as: installation and configuration of device components.
- Provide initial training on user usage: logins, network drives, printers, other IT Assets, and current list of available software.
- Position may require travel to job sites and remote offices (company will provide vehicle for business travel).
- Scheduled hours can vary dependent on employee and IT needs.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 10, and Android environments
- Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Teams, SharePoint)
- Microsoft Configuration Management
- MDM software
- Knowledge of construction-related software products (Primavera P6 and Contract Manager, Ibis Mark-out, Autocad)
- Previous construction company experience a plus
- Able to effectively communicate orally and in writing technical information to non-technical audiences
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills
- Able to operate effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical team members
- Able to operate with minimal supervision, to manage time effectively, to set priorities appropriately, schedule calls, to maintain professional demeanor under stress