Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 - $29.00 per hour
The Construction Carpenter will build, erect, install, and repair forms, structures, and other fixtures made from wood and other materials as needed to assist with various types of construction projects.
- Measures, marks, and arranges materials to established layout based on blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- Cuts and shapes structures, forms, or other fixtures from wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall.
- Uses various hand and power tools to securely build assigned projects.
- Joins materials with the most appropriate nail, screw, staple, or adhesive.
- Ensures the accuracy of work by checking completed projects with tools such as levels, surveying equipment, or framing squares; corrects problems as needed.
- Creates wooden forms for pouring concrete or for tunnels, bridges, or sewer construction projects.
- Erects and dismantles scaffolding.
- Installs windows and doors.
- Adheres to local building and safety codes and guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to understand directions and read blueprints.
- Ability to solve mathematical problems quickly and accurately.
- Ability to properly care for and use tools of the trade.
- Thorough understanding of carpentry principles and methods.
- Works well as part of a team.
Education and Experience:
- Successful completion of vocational school or technical college or apprenticeship program; OR at least three years of experience via on-the-job training required.
- Prolonged periods of standing, climbing, bending and kneeling.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to safely work with sharp tools or power equipment.
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and terrains.
- Must have manual dexterity, a good sense of balance, and excellent hand-eye coordination.