OBJECTIVE: Responsible for successful creation and production of visual materials for Iowa Soybean Association’s Consumer Engagement publications and activities channels, while ensuring strong design principles and brand consistency.
- Work creatively, both for print and electronic publications/mediums. Above all, be a visual storyteller with the goal of generating at-a-glance engagement.
- Lead in the design of Fresh Pickings (consumer-facing magazine) as the flagship publication to drive Iowa Food & Family Project’s (Iowa FFP) consumer engagement.
- Lead in the design of Iowa FFP consumer awareness campaigns, projects and activities.
- Maintain high brand standards and strong design principles on all projects.
- Collaborate daily with team members on content decisions and suggest innovative ideas for telling stories visually.
- Extend conceptual designs into design implementation, producing mock-up and presentation materials.
- Create wide range of branded products including logos, magazines, social and infographics, advertising kits, brochures, packaging, signage, embroidery/screen printing, and more.
- Create and monitor consistent branding across all Iowa FFP/ISA programs.
- Coordinate production with outside vendors by building and protecting relationships, obtaining detailed quotes, providing final art, approving proofs, press checks, inspecting final product and filing invoices.
- Maintain an organized and consistent filing system on the server to protect all design files, links, and archives.
- Support ISA campaigns, projects and activities, such as Iowa Soybean Review (farmer-oriented magazine), DRIVEN! internal newsletter and membership collaterals.
- Assist in additional projects and activities as assigned.
- Accepting direction
- Acting decisively
- Adaptable to change
- Communicating effectively
- Coordinating project activities
- Demonstrating initiative
- Displaying creativity
- Displaying technical expertise
- Driving projects to completion
- Evaluating and implementing ideas
- Managing resources & time
- Prioritizing and organizing work
- Supporting organizational goals and vision
- Utilizing feedback
This position requires limited travel.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design.
- 3+ years in various creative/graphic design roles possessing digital experience, particularly with, but not limited to web, social and emerging technologies.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proven understanding of design, copy and web practices.
- In-depth knowledge of brand development and multichannel marketing models.
- Strong portfolio showcasing a variety of design work, including branding, websites, infographics, social media, publications, print projects, etc.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in designing and producing print magazines.
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements and multimedia design.
- Experience with computer-aided design.
- Experience in various creative/graphic roles with advertising agencies or graphic firms.