Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Co. has been providing full service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region. Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and customers. The company's overall work force has grown and as we move forward, we foresee continued expansion throughout the Northeast.
JOB TITLE: Shop Technician
- The Shop Technician assists others in the department with various duties required around the shop.
- Assists the fire alarm techs/sprinkler fitters, Inspector with various job duties
- Assists the Job Managers with the fabrication and delivery of materials to the job site
- Assists fire alarm techs/sprinkler fitters as secondary labor – assisting with fire alarm panel testing, etc.
- Assists the office coordinators with administrative tasks
- High School Diploma
- Good mathematical skills
- Good communication, organizational, reading and time management skills
- Valid State Driver's License with acceptable rating per the Fleet Safety Policy
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to stand for up to 7 hours
- Ability to sit for up to 4 hours
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds unassisted
- Ability to drive a company vehicle
Shop Environment that may include dust, exposure to outside elements during all seasons
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"