At Bensonwood, we strive to uphold the core values of quality, work ethic, teamwork, inclusivity, humility, and continuous improvement in everything we do. As a design-build company located in Walpole, NH, we are seeking Timber Framers to join our growing team.
The Ideal Candidates Will Have
- Experience as a skilled timber framer
- At least two years of woodworking shop experience. Machinist shop skills applicable
- Computer literacy and familiarity in AutoCAD or similar programs helpful
- The desire to learn and apply innovative green building techniques
- We are willing to train the right candidate for this full-time role
Essential Role Functions
- Standing for long periods, walking and running
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work safely and accurately with both heavy objects and sharp tools
- Ability to visualize in 3 dimensions
- Ability to:
- Lift at least 50 lbs
- Work safely and effectively at high elevations
- Safely operate hazardous equipment
- Travel, sometimes for weeks at a time, as this role includes some site time
- Work in varying weather conditions and temperatures
- Work overtime if required
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
Additional Attributes for Success
- Positive team player with strong problem-solving skills, a systems philosophy
- High attention to detail with the ability to:
- Complete assignments accurately
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Work independently and collaboratively within a team setting
- Positively motivate the team to accomplish goals
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment
- Embrace change and initiate improvements
- Strong belief in customer service and satisfaction
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned and to shift work responsibilities
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation will be based on skill level and experience. All candidates should have legal work status in the United States. Bensonwood is an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include:
- Health Insurance
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Dental insurance
- Voluntary Short-term Disability
- Profit Sharing
More about Bensonwood and our values:
Our commitment to quality craftsmanship and next-generation technology is reflected in our approach to creating homes and commercial structures that prioritize the health and wellbeing of people and the planet. We specialize in customizable standards-based architecture and offer fully custom design/build services for projects requiring the highest levels of energy efficiency and minimal on-site building time.
Teamwork and inclusivity are important aspects of our company culture. We believe that diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to achieving our goals, and we are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels valued and respected. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage women and minorities to apply.
At Bensonwood we recognize that a good work ethic is important, there is always room for improvement, and we are constantly seeking ways to do better. We prioritize continuous improvement by staying up-to-date with the latest industry standards and trends, and by always looking for ways to innovate and improve our processes.
We believe that everyone on our team plays an important role in achieving our goals, and that nobody is above a job that needs to be done. We approach our work with humility, recognizing that we are part of a larger community and that our actions have an impact.
Our commitment to sustainability is at the core of everything we do, and we take every opportunity to minimize waste and prioritize the use of bio-based non-toxic and low embodied energy materials. Whether it's a small task or a large project, we approach every job with the same level of dedication and attention to detail, because we know that each and every action we take has an impact on our community and our planet.