At Bensonwood, we strive to uphold the core values of quality, work ethic, teamwork, inclusivity, humility, and continuous improvement in everything we do. As a design-build company located in Walpole, NH, we are seeking Woodworkers to join our growing team.
As a skilled Woodworker at Bensonwood you will work with a team of woodworking associates reporting to the team leader. This role is responsible for operating machine tools to produce the beautiful and custom millwork pieces that make a Bensonwood home.
- Make jigs for a given task and choose the right tool for the job
- Perform milling tasks (jointing, ripping, planing, crosscutting)
- Perform machining tasks (shaping, routing, drilling, dadoing)
- Perform finishing tasks (scraping, sanding, spraying, finishing selection and application)
- Read shop drawings
- Monitor and control feed rate and speed
- Produce cut lists
The ideal candidate has
- At least two years of woodworking shop experience. Machinist shop skills applicable.
- Computer literacy and familiarity in AutoCAD or similar programs helpful
- The desire to learn & apply innovative green building techniques
Essential role functions
- Standing for long periods of time, walking and running
- Mechanical aptitude
- Using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls
- Ability to:
- Lift at least 50 lbs
- Navigate at high elevations
- Safely operate hazardous equipment
- Travel, sometimes for weeks at a time, as this role includes site time
- Work in all weather conditions and temperatures
- Work overtime if required
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
Additional attributes for success
- Positive team player with strong problem-solving skills, a systems philosophy
- High attention to detail with the ability to:
- Complete assignments accurately
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Work independently and collaboratively within a team setting
- Positively motivate the team to accomplish goals
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment
- Embrace change and initiate improvements
- Strong belief in customer service and satisfaction
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned and to shift work responsibilities
Compensation & Benefits
- Hourly wage will be commensurate with experience
- Health Insurance
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Dental insurance
- Voluntary Short-term Disability
- Profit Sharing
More about Bensonwood and our values:
Our commitment to quality craftsmanship and next-generation technology is reflected in our approach to creating homes and commercial structures that prioritize the health and wellbeing of people and the planet. We specialize in customizable standards-based architecture and offer fully custom design/build services for projects requiring the highest levels of energy efficiency and minimal on-site building time.
Teamwork and inclusivity are important aspects of our company culture. We believe that diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to achieving our goals, and we are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels valued and respected. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage women and minorities to apply.
At Bensonwood we recognize that a good work ethic is important, there is always room for improvement, and we are constantly seeking ways to do better. We prioritize continuous improvement by staying up-to-date with the latest industry standards and trends, and by always looking for ways to innovate and improve our processes.
We believe that everyone on our team plays an important role in achieving our goals, and that nobody is above a job that needs to be done. We approach our work with humility, recognizing that we are part of a larger community and that our actions have an impact.
Our commitment to sustainability is at the core of everything we do, and we take every opportunity to minimize waste and prioritize the use of bio-based non-toxic and low embodied energy materials. Whether it's a small task or a large project, we approach every job with the same level of dedication and attention to detail, because we know that each and every action we take has an impact on our community and our planet.