FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Construction, Ready Mix, Asphalt, Aggregates
Reports to: Operations Manager
Salary Level: $18.00 and up based on experience
Why work for us:
At ConAgg we value every employee's contribution to our success. We believe in working as a team to build a workplace that is not only safe, but one that employees take pride in. ConAgg promotes diversity in our hiring practice. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. We are proud to say that we are growing in our sustainability efforts while reducing our environmental impact and would love for you to come to work for our family and share the experience with us.
Seeking dedicated people with the desire to learn and build a career while exceeding the highest quality and safety standards. Ensure safe, efficient, and proper operation of various pieces of heavy equipment. Must be willing to relocate within Kansas as portable work demands.
• Ability to operate various pieces of heavy equipment primarily front-end bucket high loader in a fast-paced environment. Other experience with heavy equipment beneficial.
• Manage incoming aggregate materials, stockpile, and load aggregates.
• Be familiar with the equipment and daily inspection checklist.
• Perform daily pre-start up procedures (i.e. note the service due date, check fluid levels and make sure the equipment to be used is in good running order, complete daily equipment checklist).
• Perform daily routine maintenance and cleaning.
• Communicate with production regarding the daily job specifications and operate the equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
• Operator may be trained on the following: backhoe, track hoe, dump truck, skid-steer, road grater, and man-lift.
• Discuss anticipated production, type of materials being moved, number of trucks, daily deliveries of materials etc.
• Be aware of other equipment and personnel working in the area.
• Possess ability to follow instructions with strong oral and written skills.
• Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers and supervisors.
• Report to assigned job area in proper attire and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
• Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in policies and procedures manual, and OSHA/MSHA guidelines.
• Ability to think clearly no matter the stress or difficulty of your circumstances.
• Possess a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
• Ability to comprehend and communicate specific directions to ensure the safety of all.
• Desire to learn and commitment to working safely.
• Flexibility to work various schedules and stay late when necessary with little or no notice.
• Must be willing to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
• Mechanically inclined preferred. Position assists with plant repairs, breakdowns, etc.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
• High school education or GED equivalent.
• Minimum six months related experience/training or equivalent combination of education or experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and bend. The employee must regularly lift and/or move from 1 to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to airborne particles. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.