WHO WE ARE
- A leading full-service building automation provider for the past 40 years
- Growing organization known for excellence in product quality and customer experience
- A promoter of growth and opportunity for the people in our organization
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, and Life Insurance
- Smart 529 Education
- SIMPLE IRA Plan
- PTO/Paid Holidays
- OT Available
- Donation Matching
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Company Vehicle
- Company Phone
- Fuel Expenses
- Unlimited Training Opportunities
WHAT TO EXPECT
Primary Duties: A Controls Estimator performs various duties based on their knowledge and experience. The following is a list of most of the duties that may be asked of a Controls Estimator. This list is not all-inclusive nor is it required by each Controls Estimator:
- Review specifications, and drawings and attend pre-bid meetings to determine the scope of work required for the contents of the estimate.
- Perform takeoffs on plans and drawings
- Solicit vendor/subcontractor quotes in preparation for project bidding.
- Check bid documents for accuracy and completeness before bidding.
- Coordinate equipment selection, pricing, and integration of controls for the project.
- Assemble and prepare quotes and bids.
- Submit bids to customers and follow up to secure the project.
- Respond to customer inquiries.
- Review contracts and prepare the project for turn over to project managers and engineering.
- Create a detailed cost estimate based on well-defined scope.
- Identify potential cost-saving opportunities and/or risk items that will occur on various projects.
- Document work by maintaining files for each job.
- Work with our Energy Engineer to determine if Utility Incentives are available for the project.
WHO WE WANT TO HIRE
- Problem solvers
- People who have smarts
- Great communicators
- Team players
- People who want continued growth and development
- Quick adapters to change
Skills or Abilities required for this Position:
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Management
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
- Peer Relationships
- Communication Skills
Technical Skills required for this Position: Personable and good phone communication skills. Strong technical background in HVAC control systems. Basic computer skills and working knowledge of the following programs: MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Internet Explorer, Web CTRL, View Builder, and Knowledge of BAS Controls is preferred.
Experience required for this Position: 2 years of experience as a Project Estimator - helpful but not required
Training or Education required for this Position: Degree in Engineering or Engineering technology - helpful but not required