APi Group is a global, market-leading business services provider of safety and specialty services in over 500 locations worldwide. APi provides statutorily mandated and other contracted services to a strong base of long-standing customers across industries. We are driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As our presence across the globe increases, we are striving to become the #1 people-first company in the world.
At APi Group, the purpose is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader, and we provide leadership development programs across our businesses to facilitate growth. Our distinct leadership development culture creates an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere where our leaders can grow, thrive, and belong.
We are currently seeking a Senior Internal Auditor. We believe success in this position will require a team player with an analytical mindset, great people-skills, and a positive and ambitious attitude who will engage with our businesses and is genuinely excited about problem solving in a dynamic business environment. You will be responsible for performing our internal audit processes that are necessary and appropriate as a US publicly listed company on the NYSE. You will work with our co-sourced partner focusing on improving and maintaining our SOX internal control framework, including the design, documentation, and related testing. You will also assist and help manage our risked-based audit approach that ensures continued regulatory compliance and improves our operational effectiveness through process reviews.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
To include, but not limited to the following:
- Build collaborative and trusting relationships with business partners and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Maintain and update the risk and control matrix for the Company’s internal control structure.
- Provide added value insight and process improvement to drive efficiency and consistency across the business units.
- Identify practical remediation plans jointly with management. Perform follow-up procedures to monitor remediation status and work with management in an advisory capacity until appropriately resolved.
- Work closely with control owners to ensure completion of process documentation and control testing requirements.
- Advise control owners on how to identify risks, strengthen controls and streamline processes.
- Execute audit projects across the business units from risk assessment to remediation validation.
- Effectively use data analytics and automation to expand audit coverage and gain efficiencies.
- Coach and develop staff, including participating in the recruiting and new hire processes.
- Deliver audit services that consistently improve the control environment to achieve operational excellence.
- Assist with special projects as requested by the Audit Committee and/or Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field and 3+ years of audit or similar experience in Big 4 public accounting experience appreciated
- Understanding of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and COSO Internal Control framework Experience and understanding of the Institute of Internal Audit Standards for the Professional Practice of Auditing and control frameworks such as COSO
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking, and written communication skills
- Certification as a CIA, CPA, CISA or similar, preferred
- Experience in utilizing data analysis tools to perform audit work is preferred
- Skill in evaluating the effectiveness of internal controls over key IT risks and detecting changes in key risks and/or control effectiveness, preferred
- Ability to travel (domestic and internationally) 10-20%
Key Competencies and Skills:
- Adapts to Change
- Builds trust
- Collaborates with others
- Communicates effectively
- Solves Problems
- Builds relationships / partnerships
- Shows Flexibility
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders. Some benefits include:
- Comprehensive Insurance coverage, Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Access to corporate fitness center
- Wellness Program
- 401K with employer match
- Discounted company stock (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- Profit Sharing
- Generous paid time off
- Leadership Flex - hybrid work environment
- Growth opportunities through company sponsored leadership development courses and trainings
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.