PROVIDING RIGHT SOLUTIONS FOR ALL FIRE PROTECTION NEEDS SINCE 1990.
International Fire Protection (IFP) is an Alabama-based values driven fire suppression company. We have charted our history and legacy on our purpose of building meaningful relationships while making the world a safer place. Therefore, LIFE SAFETY IS OUR BUSINESS, as such, we promise to be the trusted leader in fire protection, delivering the highest quality life safety solutions with commitment to customer satisfaction and operational excellence.
Benefits are through the local union organization.
Sprinkler Fitter Apprentice
Sprinkler Fitters are pipefitting specialists in the fire protection industry. They are responsible for being open and available to learn from experienced sprinkler fitters and other apprentices through on the job training and correspondence courses provided by Local 669 and or Local 821 on the instillation, maintenance, service and repair of fire protection systems.
- Install, repair, and maintain all types of fixed extinguishing systems, including underground piping.
- Install and service a variety of fire protection systems and equipment.
- Use sure off testers and all other means to verify systems are out of service and drained before work. Never work on a live system.
- Travel as required to job sites as directed by your foreman and/or other leaders.
- Assist with the inventory and organization of materials on the job site.
- Meet responsibilities to the customer, fellow workers, and International Fire Protection Inc.by arriving on the job on time, ready to work, every day.
- Adhere to contractual starting and quitting times, including lunch and break periods. Personal cell phones will not be used during the workday except for designated break periods.
- Maintain accountability and respect tools provided by International Fire Protection Inc.
- Respect the customer’s property. Dispose of all trash properly and be aware of your surroundings to avoid property damage.
- Understand and follow all customers, APi Group and International Fire Protection Inc. safety and security policies and procedures.
- Obey all safe, reasonable, and legitimate leadership directives.
- Comply with the union collective bargaining agreement.
• At least 18 years old
• High school diploma or GED required
• No prior experience is required
• Possess a valid driver’s license; in accordance with Company policy
• Willing to lift up to at least 50 pounds; with or without reasonable accommodation
• Willing to climb ladders; with or without reasonable accommodation
• Ability to work in a fast-paced construction environment; with or without reasonable accommodation
SPRINKLER FITTER APPRENTICE EXPECTATIONS
- Maintain a positive, learning attitude and set goals to grow your skills every day.
- Learn NFPA codes and industry standards. Develop good habits and do not cut corners.
- Communicate effectively with your foreman regarding job status and any concerns.
- You, and every fellow worker on any job site, have the authority to stop work if you observe unsafe actions.
- Meet the responsibility to be fit for duty every day; there is a zero-tolerance policy for substance abuse.
- Be productive and keep inactive time to a minimum.
- Take advantage of local union and national training and certification systems to continue to develop your skills.
- In addition to required PPE, dress appropriately to represent yourself and International Fire Protection Inc.as a professional tradesman and organization, respectively.
- Remain current on all lessons for apprenticeship with 669.
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
International Fire Protection Inc. and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran