Are you looking for a home for the best years of your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals? Geosyntec is seeking an exceptional Senior Environmental Compliance Practitioner to join our team in the Overland Park, KS or St. Louis, MO office. You will interact with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals throughout the U.S. and will provide leadership and client development specifically in environmental permitting & planning, construction management and environmental regulatory compliance for clients primarily within the Energy Sector.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. We operate under a sell-manage-do culture, and so we expect that you’d work on challenging technical projects while leveraging your existing knowledge and experience to help Geosyntec expand its current practices and capabilities through business development and client management. You may also be asked to take on project management responsibilities, along with staff management and development, and mentoring tasks.
Some of the key responsibilities for this position include:
- Directing environmental compliance services, such as compliance audits and reviews (multi-media) at diverse array of clients (e.g., manufacturing facilities, etc.)
- Developing compliance documents and permit applications associated with the Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act (CWA), Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
- Providing litigation support services, in these compliance areas.
- Review and interpretation of pending and new regulations and developing strategies for clients.
- Reviewing and preparing technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals.
- Providing clients with project management, technical advice and training related to environmental compliance, sustainability, and environmental management systems.
- Support in Geosyntec marketing efforts and client business development.
Additionally, the selected candidate may be asked to lead or support environmental permitting and compliance services in related disciplines, such as those driven by the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act and National Environmental Policy Act.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA/MSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including technical conferences, in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 10%
- Overnight travel: Up to 20%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree environmental science, chemistry, earth science (geology or hydrology), environmental, civil, or chemical engineering. (required)
- Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) environmental science, chemistry, geology, or environmental engineering. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 8 years (10+ preferred) of experience working in a consulting or manufacturing or industrial environment, with a working knowledge of industrial processes, and their impacts to the environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Experience in managing environmental compliance, permitting, planning, compliance and environmental oversight of (e.g., manufacturing facility) projects. (required)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
- Experience managing the overall delivery of projects including, project planning and controls, financial management, change management, risk management, and contract/subcontract management. (required)
- Experience in development and implementation of environmental compliance training programs. (preferred)
- Excellent writing and communication skills. (required)
- Experience with Microsoft Office products. (required)
- Ability to make presentations at industrial conferences and at client meetings. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits