Salary Range: $45,000 - $50,000
The Executive Assistant provides direct administrative support to the Chief Human Resources Officer and the Human Resources Department. Assists the Human Resources Department with activities, events, awards programs, and job fairs in support of employee engagement providing a positive impact on retention and recruitment.
Essential Job Functions:
(Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
- Provides direct assistance as required to the Chief Human Resources Officer and the Employee Engagement and Retention Specialist.
- Prepares a variety of correspondence, reports, memoranda, and other documents.
- Maintains comprehensive calendar of internal and external activities for the benefit of departmental leadership and coordinates meetings and schedules for the department.
- Coordinates and provides support to the Employee Engagement and Retention Specialist, the Talent Acquisition Manager and other Human Resources staff in development and implementation of employee activities and events as well as benefits orientations, open enrollments, health fairs and job fairs.
- Organizes and maintains records for assigned programs, events, and activities.
- Works closely with the Employee Engagement and Retention Specialist and various employee committees to organize, develop, and implement HRT award programs and celebrations.
- Coordinates and provides input along with other agency groups to ensure that agency-wide document control systems meet the department needs. Maintains manual and/or automated document control and filing systems and records for department correspondence.
- Records minutes of committee meetings, staff meetings, etc., transcribing those meetings into written format.
- Assists with the preparation and tracking of performance reviews.
- Responsible for the management, tracking and updating of the policies and procedures for the Human Resources Department.
- Works closely and effectively with the CHRO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Assists with responding to employment verification requests.
- Assist with the scheduling of meetings and making appointments.
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT’s EMS.
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance with HRT’s Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions:
- Excellent effective verbal and written skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Full comprehension of office management systems and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Exemplary planning and time management skills.
- Working understanding of human resource principals, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Requires a high level of discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must demonstrate understanding that service and courtesy are of paramount importance in assisting employees.
- Requires high level of patience, diplomacy, tact, and courtesy.
Required Software Knowledge and Skills essential to Job Functions:
Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with performance of assigned work is essential. Basic problem-solving skills associated with software applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’s self, fellow employees, and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures and policies. Take an active part in reporting unsafe conditions and any hazards within the workplace to their Supervisor, Manager and/or the Safety Department.
Training and/or Education:
Minimum requirements include completion of standard high-school courses and a two-year degree or valid certificate in business administration is desirable. Strong communication skills, both oral and written, with sufficient command of the English language to effectively compose and edit documents are important. Any acceptable combination of education, training and experience that provides the above knowledge, abilities and skills may be substituted.
Business, human resources and/or secretarial training desirable; must have minimum of three (3) years previous experience as an administrative or human resources assistant; must successfully complete word processing, clerical skills, and written communication test.
Licenses or Certificates:
Virginia Driver’s License
This position is classified as non-essential personnel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work requires high-speed operation of keyboard devices.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis. Duties may require some seasonal overtime.