The Jamar Company, powered by APi Group, is a highly skilled, multi-trade specialty contractor and service provider with a mission to be the best. We are the premier provider in commercial roofing services, with a reputation for solid customer service, quality products and expert installation by a group of committed and successful individuals. We want to add all experience levels to our team – are you interested in a great opportunity, willing to learn or want to grow your career at Jamar? Read on!
ALL ABOUT YOU:
You have a desire to learn and understand the roofing construction industry OR you may be a seasoned professional who has the knowledge, skillset, and thrives in a professional environment. You embrace safety-first priorities and are committed to Jamar’s values and team focus. You are eager work on projects, take pride in your work and are a self-starter, determined to succeed.
As a Roofer at Jamar, you will:
- Learn, assist, and perform commercial roofing Projects, Roof replacements, and waterproofing projects and repairs.
- Provide support to lead and roofing crew as needed for project specific work.
- Prep and set up at work sites as directed by lead. Inspect equipment, structures, and materials.
- Evaluate approach to work and determine compliance with standards and company safety policies and procedures.
- You must be 18 or older
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights on flat roofing.
- Ability to read and use a tape measure, mark or record measurements and distances.
- Drive to work safely, paying attention to the details of each task and your work environment.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work flexible schedules and travel to both local and regional jobsites, including overnight travel.
- Willing to become a member of the local roofing union (Local 96).
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test per union requirements.
- As a member of Local 96, you will enjoy union scale wages and other benefits in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Starting wage with no experience is $21.61 per hour.
The Jamar Company strives to create a culture and environment that is inviting, encouraging and supportive of people of all backgrounds so that diverse voices, thoughts, and perspectives may be heard and amplified. All are encouraged to apply!