Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Savings (IPERS and/or 403b) with generous company match
- Paid time off and 9 company paid holidays
- Short Term Disability
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional benefits: Flexible Spending, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, Voluntary Accident
HACAP Food Reservoir provides food to families, children, and seniors who don't have enough to eat. We're looking for an Operations Aide to join our dedicated team! This position blends physical activity in the warehouse with customer service skills when working with our community partners.
SCHEDULE AND WAGE
We are looking for both Full-Time and Part-Time individuals to fill shifts from Monday-Friday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Anyone working 30+ hours a week is provided a full benefits package.
Compensation is $16.19 per hour Full-Time (30+ hours per week) or $17.65 Part-Time (less than 30 hours per week)
*This position is eligible for a $1200 retention incentive after successfully completing 180 days of employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist partner agencies with loading product into vehicles. Gathering food items as requested by partner agencies. Weigh, temp, record and load food items according to food safety guidelines.
- Maintain a clean work space and warehouse based on AIB standards and guidelines. Cleaning and documentation is an essential duty of this position.
- Maintain proper storage and distribution of warehouse product in compliance with Feeding America’s food safety guidelines.
- Pick agency orders for distribution as needed.
- Respond to a team member, partner agency and supervisor needs in a timely manner.
- Maintain order and cleanliness in food reservoir vehicle and the warehouse in compliance with AIB Food Safety Standards.
- Safely transport food product using the agency vehicle (both donations pick up and deliveries as requested by Supervisor).
- Responsible for tracking maintenance of a vehicle, proper fuel levels, documenting mileage and communicating any repairs or vehicle checks needed on vehicle, tires, and equipment used to Operations/Warehouse Manager.
- Follow inventory controls to ensure efficiencies and quality inventory control.
- Properly document required temperature check, poundage, and item donation documentation and submit daily reports as required by food reservoir, Feeding American and AIB.
- Follow all warehouse rules and inventory controls according to a FIFO (First In – First Out) system.
- Operate a forklift and electric pallet jack to complete necessary work.
- Responsible for maintaining a positive work attitude with team members, retail donors, Partner Agencies and management staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Degree and:
- 1-year related experience, preferably in food warehousing and/or delivery.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and customer orders.
- Work experience that demonstrates the ability to follow and communicate instructions.
- Work experience that demonstrates the ability to solve practical problems with flexibility.
- Experience operating a forklift and electric pallet jack.
Skills and/or Abilities
- Ability to read and write and keep records utilizing basic mathematical skills.
- Obtain forklift certification within first 30 days employment. This will be provided by the agency.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to relate effectively and professionally with other staff, volunteers and partner agency representatives.
Employee must regularly lift and/or move 50 pounds and occasionally move up to 100 pounds. Must be mobile on their feet for several hours a day. Must be able to lift/stack from stepladder. Climb in/out of truck beds, cargo vans and trailers using stepladder. Must move 50 pounds regularly in a crouched position.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Proof of valid Driver’s license
- Proof of valid personal car insurance
- Complete forklift certification within 30 days
- Pass Occupational Fit for Duty Test