HVAC-R Technician-Iron Range (Union position)
We know you’ve seen our trucks all over – now come and see what we have to offer! The Jamar Company, powered by APi Group, is a highly skilled, multi-trade specialty contractor and service provider with a mission to be the best. We are the leaders in our local industry, with a reputation for solid customer service, quality products and expert installation by a group of committed and successful individuals. We want to add you to our Iron Range team – are you interested in a great opportunity, willing to learn and want to grow in your career at Jamar? Read on!
ALL ABOUT YOU:
You have a desire to learn and grow your experience in the HVAC-R field OR you may be a seasoned professional who already has the knowledge, skillset, and is looking for an opportunity to become part of successful team. You thrive in a professional environment, developing respectful and engaged customer-service relationships with our clients. You embrace safety-first priorities and are committed to Jamar’s values and team focus. You are eager work on projects, take pride in your work and are a self-starter, determined to succeed.
As a HVAC-R Technician at Jamar, you will:
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair HVAC-R systems for both commercial and industrial customers.
- Diagnose and repair of electronic, mechanical, and electrical components of systems.
- Interpret work orders and perform work requested with limited direction. Enter and close work orders via the Service software platform.
- Operate a variety of tools and machines incidental to operations.
- Requisition of repair parts and equipment.
- Ability to work independently, have a strong work ethic and detailed time management skills.
- Attention to detail on systems operations under contract with customers
- In depth knowledge of various mechanical fundamentals.
- Ability to work from specifications or verbal instructions and to use a variety of hand/power tools.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, initiative, and self-discipline
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team setting.
- Two-year HVAC technical school degree, or four years associated experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of HVAC-R equipment and procedures/techniques, drawings, and specifications, and required standards applicable to discipline.
- Ability to assume responsibility within the scope of the role.
- Flexibility to work varying shifts; weekends, holidays and emergency on-call as needed.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to effectively represent the company in an ethical and professional manner and consistent with our values and mission.
- Valid State Driver’s license, and able to travel to customer locations
- Ability to learn and use a service software platform
- Must join local 589
- CFC/EPA Universal Certification
- As a member of Local 589, you will enjoy union scale wages and other benefits in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Starting rate with minimum experience is $21-22 per hour
The Jamar Company strives to create a culture and environment that is inviting, encouraging and supportive of people of all backgrounds so that diverse voices, thoughts, and perspectives may be heard and amplified. All are encouraged to apply!