DHA HOUSING SOLUTIONS FOR NORTH TEXAS
JOB VACANCIES (2)
AUGUST 11, 2022
JOB TITLE: RESIDENT SERVICES COORDINATOR I
SALARY RANGE: $39,520 - $45,716
LOCATION: HOUSING OPERATIONS
Summary: Under the general supervision of the Director of Resident Services, creates and cultivates opportunities for program participants to achieve self-sufficiency and economic independence.
Essential Job Functions: The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, but rather a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Assists in conducting, monitoring and coordinating activities that serve residents’ needs based on input from the residents in a wide range of areas from recreational and educational to health & wellness and financial.
- Performs assessments to determine the needs of residents for self-sufficiency and economic independence. Based on assessments, refers residents to appropriate community resources.
- Establishes working relationships with social service and other community-based agencies to provide resources to the residents. Promotes the awareness of these programs and services.
- Explains nature of DHA programs, procedures and services to clients; maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, client records and DHA information.
- Tracks and monitors community service activity for those residents that are required to perform community service.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with the residents of the assigned location(s) as a means of being resource for the property. Coordinates and promotes activities that create a sense of community between the residents and the property.
- Works closely with the Property Manager/Assistant Property Manager/Regional Manager to ensure that the proper services and programs are present on the property. Accompanies the manager(s) on annual housekeeping inspections and subsequently conducts a housekeeping course for referred residents. Occasionally performs minor property management functions on an as-needed basis.
- Creates monthly calendars and newsletters of activities that happen at the property.
- Helps facilitate monthly Resident meetings and Crime Watch meetings.
- Reports unsafe condition and/or any type of abuse/neglect to the appropriate staff, social service agency, and/or law enforcement.
- Assists the Resident Council with the execution of their ideas for activities for the residents.
- Facilitates service provider meetings. Maintains files of the programs/services offered and proper contact persons of the agencies. Tracks referrals made to the various agencies.
- Supports the relationship between DHA and the constituent population by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with clients, visitors, and DHA staff.
- Enthusiastically promotes the President/CEO’s priorities for the operations of DHA.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of DHA organization, operations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of community programs and services.
- Knowledge of techniques in assessing individual needs.
- Knowledge of the principles of record keeping and records management.
- Knowledge in crisis intervention.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, resourcefulness, patience and dedication.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situation.
- Ability to use good judgment and to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Skill in accessing individual needs and providing alternatives for meeting those needs.
- Skill in establishing relationships with community service providers.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of business software.
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written.
- Skill in interacting with people of different social, physical, economic, and ethnic backgrounds.
Must be able to lift/carry up to 10 pounds.
Bachelors’ degree in Behavior Science, Social Services or a related field, and two (2) years of community resources experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open Until Filled
Explanation of Hiring Process:
Thank you for your interest in job opportunities with the Dallas Housing Authority. All applications for open posted positions must be submitted via on-line at www.dhantx.com. No on-line applications will be accepted after the noted closing date on the announcement. We encourage you to visit our website often to view and apply for vacant positions with the agency.
DHA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and all employees and applicants are treated equally without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances