The future is bright for Control Tech, join us there are great things to come!
Control Tech is a leading cross-border Instrumentation, Electrical & Automation solutions provider. Committed to excellence, we are experts in construction, maintenance, turn-around and optimization, as well as structures, production operations, parts sales and more. As a people-first company, our skilled and diversified team is known for providing stellar customer service and we are always ready to explore new avenues for our safe and versatile solutions.
Our mission is to empower our people to deliver high quality solutions to our clients safely and efficiently while continuing to strengthen and preserve the environment we operate in. We are committed to safety, quality work, community, work-life balance and honesty within our entire organization.
We are currently seeking applicants for the following position:
Position: Electrical Apprentice
Reports to: Branch Manager
Location: Peace River
Working with Journeyman Electricians and other apprentices, where you will be shown practical skills to ensure your success in the industry. You will work at installing and maintaining electrical systems, equipment, and devices. While on site you will learn problem solving, follow health and safety guidelines and carry yourself in a professional manner while building strong customer relations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reads and interprets electrical, mechanical, and architectural drawings and electrical code specifications
- Pulls wire through conduits and holes
- Installs, replaces, maintains, and repairs electrical systems and related electrical equipment
- Splices, joins, and connects wire to form circuits
- Tests circuits to ensure integrity and safety
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- On-call support as required
- Manage Line 1 reports
- Complete Daily Field Work Orders
- Complete Transfers for any inventory taken
- Manage Warehouse Inventory monthly reports
- Complete on the job training documents for Junior Technicians (to be completed by Sn. Techs)
- Ensure Control Tech’s Safety program is followed; Maintain a high level of safety awareness and adherence; Refrain from any task for which authorization and/or training has not been given
- Attend and participate in monthly safety meeting; Maintain Safety Certifications and report all incidents / safety concerns
- Registered Apprentice
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Ability to pass Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol Screen
- Standard First Aid/CPR with AED; H2S Alive
- Participation in Company provided safety training (TDG, WHIMIS, Wilderness Awareness, Gas Detection & Control, and eGSO)
- CSO and CSTS
- Experience in Oil and Gas required
Self Management Behaviors (expected of all people in the Control Tech family):
- Self Awareness; Recognizes impact on others, knows strengths and limitations, sense of self worth and confidence.
- Self Control; Disruptive emotions and impulses are in check, maintains consistency with core values.
- Maintains Motivation; Strives to learn, to improve and to be successful.
- Listening and Speaking Respectfully; Listens generously - clarifies meaning and intent, speaks straight and respectfully.
- Collaborator; Works effectively on teams with a wide variety of people, resolves conflict directly and productively, contributes to the success of others.
- Company Events
- Fuel Discount
- Sign on Bonus
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- This position is located in Peace River, AB. Ability to commute or plan to relocate may be required.