DHA HOUSING SOLUTIONS FOR NORTH TEXAS
AUGUST 18, 2022
JOB TITLE: WALKER/SPECIAL PROGRAMS HOUSING COORD
SALARY RANGE: $40,989 - $61,483
LOCATION: VOUCHER PROGRAMS
Summary: Under general supervision, assists the Vice President of Voucher Programs with coordination and monitoring of all activities associated with the Walker Settlement Voucher Program.
Essential Job Functions: The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification. Shown are duties intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Collects and analyzes data, provides information within scope of authority.
- Responsible for tracking lease up for 2,646 Walker Settlement Vouchers.
- Serves as a liaison to external organizations and agencies where a partnership or program is established.
- Assist Administrators & Vice President Voucher Programs to provide input on various administrative projects such as budget projections, program development and implementation, and policy information.
- Assists Administrators & Vice President of Voucher Programs with development of Payment Standards, Utility Allowances, and various reports
- Communicate routinely with various partner organizations and Inclusive Communities Projects (ICP)
- Compiles information from various resources for statistical reports and presentations. Creates and prepares correspondence, documents and reports.
- Develop tracking report for vouchers and extensions; vacancy listings, qualified Higher Opportunity Areas, family moves, and other routine documents.
- Explains nature of DHA programs, procedures and services to clients; maintains confidentially of work-related issues, clients’ records and DHA information.
- Monitors budgets and expenditures for programs and services.
- Coordinates information and assures effective communication between Departments and external groups.
- Assures departments activities are in compliance with all laws, polices, regulations and goals.
- Prioritizes program planning and development, ensuring work flow that is results-oriented.
- Supports the relationships between DHA and the constituent population by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with clients, visitors, and DHA staff.
- Enthusiastically promotes the President/CEO priorities for the operations of DHA.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of DHA organization, operations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable statutes, rules, ordinances, codes and regulations.
- Knowledge of the principles of record keeping and records management.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of office administration.
- Skill in organizing, scheduling and reviewing work.
- Skill in making calculations, analyzing data and constructing reports.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of business software.
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written.
- Skill in interacting with people of different social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds.
Must be able to lift/carry up to 10 pounds.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration or a related field and two (2) years of multi-family or public housing experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open Until Filled
Explanation of Hiring Process
Thank you for your interest in job opportunities with the Dallas Housing Authority. All applications for open posted positions must be submitted via on-line at www.dhantx.com. No on-line applications will be accepted after the noted closing date on the announcement. We encourage you to visit our website often to view and apply for vacant positions with the agency.
DHA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and all employees and applicants are treated equally without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.