Adolfson & Peterson Construction, one of the nation’s top contractors, is recruiting for an experienced Superintendent for projects in our Southwest region. We combine more than 75 years of construction expertise with the newest technologies in order to meet our clients' needs. We serve owners, architects, and developers with a commitment to teamwork and quality and are constantly looking for people to help us achieve our company goals.
This position will manage and control assigned projects, including directing field operations, site safety, productivity, schedule, work quality, and trade contractor and supplier coordination while working in conjunction with the Project Manager to lead the project team. Work closely with the owner and design team. Project scopes are generally less than $75 million or occasionally designated components on large, complex projects.
Because safety is paramount to AP and embedded into everything we do, all team members are responsible for working safely within our Incident and Injury Free culture.
Key Accountabilities of the role include:
- Take personal responsibility for working safely within an incident and injury free (IIF) culture.
- Manage on-site construction activities.
- Understand all the plans, specifications, and details for the project; maintain a complete set of updated construction drawings as a permanent record.
- Schedule and procure tools, equipment, and materials necessary for the project; ensure all team members on the jobsite(s) have been trained on the tools and processes necessary to perform their jobs; conduct weekly toolbox talks.
- Provide information in the project start-up and close-out meetings.
- Ensure that the trade contractors meet the schedule and perform quality work while maintaining a positive relationship with them.
- Manage, review, and control all project schedules, cost codes, budgets, and production units for the project. Responsible for all site productivity and reporting.
- Ensure project quality based on AP’s quality management programs; create site-specific quality control plans; monitor compliance and performance.
- Troubleshoot jobsite challenges and create innovative solutions; document all corrections, changes, and requests.
- Schedule and direct all inspections with city officials, government agencies, and private agencies as required and ensure documentation is ready for presentation.
- Create site-specific safety plans; monitor compliance and performance.
- Implement and maintain AP’s safety program to strive for IIF on all projects; this includes:
- Ensure that all job safety requirements are understood and implemented by all project team members and trade contractors. Collaborate with the AP safety support team members as needed. Lead on-site safety meetings.
- Review the trade contractors’ safety programs and SDS information in the trade contractor start-up meeting.
- Identify and correct all safety hazards on the jobsite; report all safety incidents to AP safety team members.
- Maintain and post OSHA and Company required safety literature.
- Develop and maintain a mutually positive relationship with the owner and design team throughout the project; understand and communicate the owner’s goals regarding construction to all field team members.
- Collaborate with other departments through the pre-construction and planning phases.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the pre-construction process and participate in the constructability review.
- Assist in the management of the pre-construction schedule.
- Review the plans and specifications for constructability and construction schedules; advise the project team of issues or deficiencies.
- Assist in quantity take-off and pricing estimates.
- Prepare, manage, and update the detailed project schedule with sequence and activity duration including procurement items.
- Establish the punchlist process and close-out procedures with the Project Manager, owner, and design team before trade contractor work starts; maintain a Zero Punchlist.
- Understand the contract between AP and the owner, the project estimate, budget set-up, and trade contractor and supplier contract scopes.
- Ensure that all subcontractors have met all insurance requirements prior to being onsite.
- Participate in procuring future projects while helping build client loyalty.
- Participate in marketing efforts, presentations, and proposal preparations; help determine sequence activities and activity duration on schedules for proposed projects.
- Maintain a network of possible and client leads; look for potential leads.
- Participate in at least one industry organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- History of progressively more responsible construction experience and proven results including:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture, engineering, or related field with 6+ years of directly related experience or a high school diploma or equivalent and 10+ years of directly related experience.
- Proficiency with construction management software such as Procore, P6, MS Project, Excel, AutoCad, and project management software.
- Solid understanding of building plans and specifications, value engineering, and life cycle costing.
- Proven results in driving safety initiatives and compliance.
- Current or ability to become current with OSHA 30 and company safety requirements.
- Ability to climb, walk, lift, carry, push, and complete repetitive motion activities throughout the day.
- Ability to occasionally lift, move, and/or carry up 100 pounds.
- Ability to travel to project sites and availability to accept long-term out-of-town assignments.
- Willingness to work in various (sometimes extreme) climate conditions.
- Ability to obtain a forklift certification preferred.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Experience in complex projects as an active participant in driving growth and change; demonstrated effectiveness in driving operations and executing plans.
- Strong analytical and logic skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of precision on detailed work.
- Developed skills (written, oral, and listening) to effectively communicate with diverse audiences.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously under time constraints.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build successful and lasting relationships.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
Adolfson & Peterson Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Certain positions and locations require COVID-19 vaccination, subject to reasonable accommodations for valid medical or sincerely held religious reasons.