Marketing, Sales, & Patron Experience
Position reports to:
Patron Services Management
FLSA classification status:
SEATTLE REP is seeking an innovative and resourceful specialist with an interest in serving underrepresented communities to work in our Patron Services Office and liaison with our Arts Engagement Department for their ticketing needs. Our Patron Services Specialists represent Seattle Rep both over the phone and in person, providing quality customer service while upholding our equity practices, and contribute to Seattle Rep’s revenue goals through outbound calling campaigns to solicit subscriptions and donations.
Seattle Rep is committed to producing the highest quality programming, and we believe that our ability to contribute to excellence in the arts depends on building a community whose members come from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and life experiences.
We are part of a growing movement in theater to ensure inclusion of those who have been excluded historically; focusing particularly on racial and ethnic groups, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities and women, ensuring they are at the decision-making table and reflected in our community.
Seattle Rep collaborates with extraordinary artists to create productions and programs that reflect and elevate the diverse cultures, perspectives, and life experiences of our region.
Theater at the heart of public life
Artistic Vitality, Sustainability, Generous and Inclusive Practices
ABOUT THE POSITION
Patron Services Specialists are integral members of the Marketing, Sales, and Patron Experience department, cultivating strong relationships with Seattle Rep’s growing patron base and assisting with interdepartmental relationships. Being one of the first points of contact with our community, they are the face of the organization, exemplifying our mission and values to make Theater at the heart of public life.
The Patron Services Specialist- Engagement collaborates with other specialists, the Patron Services Management team, and the Arts Engagement department’s staff to provide excellent service to our patrons, local educational institutions, and community partners. This is done by facilitating a wide range of ticketing needs, soliciting donations as well as ticket and subscription sales over the phone, and strengthening these growing community relationships.
The Patron Services Specialist- Engagement is also responsible for all ticketing needs that fall within the Arts Engagement Department and relaying pertinent ticketing and events information directly related to the Arts Engagement Department to the Patron Services Office.
Typical duties include:
Build and strengthen relationships between Patrons and Seattle Rep (60%)
- Represent the organization to the general public while upholding our EDI values.
- Respond to patron inquiries and requests for information.
- Sell subscriptions and single tickets.
- Solicit donations on single ticket and subscription purchases.
- Provide exceptional service to subscribers and donors including ticket exchanges, benefit delivery, and information on productions throughout our season via inbound calls, email, and in person at the Box Office window.
- Staff the theatre during performances and events as scheduled- including will call, distributing and reprinting tickets, aiding in last minute transactions, and handling customer service situations.
Develop fluency with our seasonal programming, mission, and patron management software (10%)
- Attend all productions, preferably during previews or on Opening Night.
- Provide accurate data entry and patron account maintenance in Tessitura Ticketing System.
- Maintain familiarity with current subscription/single ticket marketing specials, programs and funding opportunities, events and community calendars as provided by Patron Services Office management and Seattle Rep Communications teams, including the website.
- Attend and actively participate in Patron Services Office meetings, sales trainings, and Seattle Rep special events, including Equity, Diversity and Inclusion training as scheduled.
Execute outbound calling campaigns (15%)
- Solicit subscription renewals and acquisitions to increase revenue.
- Determine which subscription/donor options will provide the best experience for the Patron to create the optimal relationship with Seattle Rep leading to increased giving/subscribing levels.
- Solicit donations from subscribers and single ticket buyers.
- Inform patrons of changes to their scheduled dates and/or times when necessary.
- Assist Arts Engagement department in soliciting tickets for Student Matinee performances.
Liaison with the Arts Engagement Department (15%)
- Report back to the Patron Services Office on any Arts Engagement related news and events to keep the team informed and contribute to the PSO Calendar.
- Manage ticketing requests, create seating maps, and staff Student Matinee performances.
- Staff Mobile Box Offices at partner organizations.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all Arts Engagement ticketing, including the Next Narrative Monologue Competition, Teen Nights, for post/pre-show panelists and special guests.
- Meet and communicate regularly with the Arts Engagement Department to represent the Patron Services Office and build relationships to strengthen the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma and/or GED
- One year of customer service or sales experience
- Microsoft Office literacy and accuracy
- Demonstrated personal and/or professional commitment to engaging with BIPOC and other historically under-invited communities
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced and bustling environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including regular evening and weekend hours
- Strong communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Genuine interest in working with the public
- Willing to authorize background check
- 2+ years of customer service or sales experience
- One year of experience in non-profit arts administration
- Working knowledge of local (King County) communities and school systems
- Tessitura experience
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately manage confidential information
- Experience in successfully meeting deadlines under pressure
- Ability to adapt to potentially ambiguous and fluctuating practices
- De-escalation training
TO BE CONSIDERED
- Submit a resume detailing related experience and education.
- Attach a cover letter that outlines how your related experience and education qualifies you for the position is encouraged, but not required.
- Applicants are reviewed the day after the position closes.
- First round of interviews tentatively scheduled for 9/19 – 9/23.
Seattle Rep has a mandatory vaccination policy for all employees, with accommodations for medical and religious exemptions only.
Contact email@example.com with any questions regarding the application process.