Come make a difference with us!
Our Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the daily functions of the human resource team such as processing payroll, coordinating the leaves of absence program, and benefits and COBRA administration. In this role, you will have the chance to make a direct impact on the success of our organization by working closely with employees across all levels of the organization and creating operational efficiencies.
These are some of the things our Human Resources Generalist will do:
- Assist with processing biweekly payroll which includes data entry and entering reimbursements and one-off deductions.
- Coordinate monthly benefits enrollments and ensure data is correctly imported into the HRIS software.
- Conduct 1:1 benefits information and enrollment meetings as needed.
- Prepare monthly benefits invoices and ensure billing from vendors is accurate.
- Process benefits coverage terminations.
- Coordinate regular AFLAC enrollment meetings for employees in conjunction with our AFLAC representative.
- Become a primary administrator of the organization’s HRIS software, approving workflows within the system and answering questions from users.
- Monitor the attendance management program at each site and consistency in disciplinary actions.
- Support with the annual performance management process.
- Assist with the organization’s comprehensive leave of absence program which includes processing leave requests, ensuring proper documentation is received, and working with employees to ensure they understand our leaves process.
- Prepare COBRA eligibility notifications, coordinate enrollments, and track payments.
- Complete I-9’s with new employees and process them in E-Verify.
- Serves as a point of contact for state licensing and ensures the organization stays in compliance with state licensing regulations as well as federal, state, and local laws relating to employment.
This is what the schedule looks like:
- This is a full time position working 40 hours per week.
- The typical schedule is Monday to Friday starting at 8:30am.
Here’s what we can offer for pay and benefits:
- This is a brand new position for our organization. We are still determining the pay scale for this position.
- Discounted childcare rates for dependents are available. All employees are eligible for a 30% tuition discount. Based on household income and household size, employees can also get a 50% or 75% tuition discount, or even a 100% tuition scholarship.
- We offer a wide variety of benefits including four different medical plan options, dental, vision, 401(k) with a matching program, employer paid life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, and more! Eligibility requirements must be met which is based on number of hours worked per week.
- Employees working 25+ hours a week are eligible for paid time off, which starts on day one and has no waiting period.
- All of our employees have access to a local Sioux Falls based discount portal with many savings opportunities. Discounts can include automotive care, clothing, fitness centers, home improvement, hotels, jewelry, mortgages and realtors, photographers, recreation, restaurants, and more!
We can teach you a lot, but there are a few things we are looking for in our Human Resources Generalist:
- Previous experience and a proven track record of administering the human resources function is required.
- An associate or bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or another related field is preferred.
- HR Industry certification is preferred, but not required. This includes aPHR, PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, etc.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofing ability.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization's HRIS systems which include UKG Ready and Arcoro.
Learn a little more about our history and our mission:
Boys & Girls Clubs of the Sioux Empire is the largest childcare provider in South Dakota serving 1,200 kids from 4 weeks to 18 years of age daily. We are a member of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America, but we are our own company. This makes us unique since we have support from a national brand, but we are also a local organization that focuses specifically on the needs of the Greater Sioux Falls area.
With programs and locations throughout Sioux Falls, Brandon, and Harrisburg, we are able to guide the youth of our community toward a fulfilling and meaningful future. We are committed to excellence by striving to provide an enriched environment that meets the physical, emotional, social, and intellectual needs of each kid we serve.
These are some of the things that makes us a great place to work:
- We invest in our talent: you'll have at least 10 and up to 20 hours of paid continuing education training each full year. We want all of our employees to have professional development opportunities.
- We recognize seven holidays and our centers are closed. Additionally, if the holiday falls on a weekend day, we will be closed the Friday or Monday closest to the holiday. This helps to ensure that all of our staff have a chance to enjoy holidays without work obligations.
- BGCSE has teamed up with the South Dakota Department of Health's cancer programs to help support our worksites and improve cancer screening rates. We offer paid leave options separate from PTO to take optional screening(s). This program is available to all employees who are not seasonal or temporary.
- We are a non-profit organization that strives to make a positive impact in your community. Join our movement and make a difference with us!