OBJECTIVE: Provide technical and team leadership for novel and coordinated research and analytics efforts that develop and execute best practices for on-farm research design, execution, data collection and data analyses that can lead to decision aid tool creation, including clear communication of results of ISA agronomic and environmental studies to farmers, agronomists, and the scientific community. This position reports to the Co-Director RCFI.
- Contribute to the development of highly integrated and holistic agronomic and conservation-focused on-farm research program designs, and lead efforts for data acquisition, processing, analyses, interpretation, reporting, and decision aid tool development for farmer-focused programming that continuously improves profit-driven, productive, and sustainable cropping systems.
- Lead and manage a staff of data and spatial analysts/developers who participate in proposal development, application design, application development and maintenance, and implementation of analytics project requirements. Analysts are also responsible to customize online data collection tools to meet individual research study requirements and design, develop and enhance data processing and reporting tools.
- Coordinate collaborative research and analytics projects that encompass predictive modeling, remote sensing, precision agriculture or on other emerging/strategic research areas for soybean farmers and partners from industry, universities, or government agencies.
- Communicate results of on-farm agronomic and environmental studies, predictive models, and decision tools via written farmer-friendly publications, peer-reviewed scientific articles, and oral presentations.
- Hire, train, develop, maintain, manage, and lead a team of highly skilled and motivated staff members.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise related to strategic direction and tactical programming and portfolio development for ISA agronomic and environmental on-farm research and technical assistance
- Lead development of standardized and scientifically sound study protocols, data analyses and results presentation.
- Mine datasets for broader benefit and future on-farm research programming and new cropping systems and conservation in-field and edge-of-field product, practice, and infrastructure implementation.
- Strategic Thinking
- Critical Thinking
- Results Driven
- Collaboration Skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills to deliver technical information in audience-appropriate fashion
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS, MS or PhD in agronomic, statistics, and/or agriculture data science disciplines with a proven track record of strong understanding of agronomic practices, agronomic research and precision agriculture, especially in large scale on-farm replicated strip trials
- Strong record of technical publications and presentations that appropriately and timely communicate information in an audience-appropriate fashion.
- In depth knowledge of statistical methodology, analysis of spatial information and predictive modeling.
- Ability to work with staff, farmers, and researchers from universities, government agencies, and private industry.
- Demonstration of experience and/or aptitude for individual and team leadership.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account available
- Cellphone and Wellness reimbursement
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Dress for your Day Dress Code