The future is bright for Control Tech, join us there are great things to come!
Control Tech is a leading cross-border Instrumentation, Electrical & Automation solutions provider. Committed to excellence, we are experts in construction, maintenance, turn-around and optimization, as well as structures, production operations, parts sales and more. As a people-first company, our skilled and diversified team is known for providing stellar customer service and we are always ready to explore new avenues for our safe and versatile solutions.
Our mission is to empower our people to deliver high quality solutions to our clients safely and efficiently while continuing to strengthen and preserve the environment we operate in. We are committed to safety, quality work, community, work-life balance and honesty within our entire organization.
We are currently seeking applicants for the following position:
Position: Shop Lead
Reports to: VP of Operations
Location: Grande Prairie
The position of Shop Lead Technician is to oversee the day-to-day operations of the maintenance shop, in cooperation with E & I Operations in Grande Prairie.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identifying the required repair parts, material, labor, tooling, equipment, and repair procedures.
- Ensure that the planning and execution of repairs to equipment is conducted safely, effectively, and efficiently.
- Identify gaps in the processing and handling of repairs to assist field technicians to complete jobs in a timely manner.
- Provide mentorship, coaching, direction and supervision and guidance to direct reports while ensuring that performance management including the need for discipline, if necessary, is maintained on a regular basis.
- Provide mentorship and coaching for apprentices.
- Ensure the required materials for any upcoming or ongoing projects are maintained in inventory or ordered and delivered in a timely manner.
- Oversee the training and development of employees.
- Workorder and inventory management.
Skills and abilities:
- Proactive and self-motivated approach to working
- Strong Instrument background.
- Familiar with meter runs, chemical pumps, turbines, bench proving, valves and actuators etc...
- Leads by example
- Customer service focused
- Works well with all levels of employees and management; internally and externally
- Capable of working alone and in isolation; or in a team environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and IFS applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, MWO)
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Standard First Aid/CPR with AED;
- Participation in Company provided safety training (TDG, WHIMIS, Wilderness Awareness, Gas Detection & Control, and eGSO)
Leadership Behaviors (expected of Leaders at all levels in Control Tech):
- Create Clear Direction; Creates a clear path forward with a drive to win and focus on results, champion’s the Mission, Vision and Brand of Control Tech. Engages and communicates with all employees what the direction of the company and how their actions contribute.
- Coach; Defines roles and goals for all team members, measures and manages results, delivers feedback that enforces productive behavior and builds on successes.
- Model; Demonstrates the behaviors and attitudes required for success, prioritizes time to focus on high value activities, learns continuously and creates this condition for their team.
- Sponsor; Creates a productive and positive work environment, empowers employees through delegation and support.
- Partner; Delivers on and manages promises to co-workers and employees, appropriately involves others in decision making that affects them.
Self Management Behaviors (expected of all people in the Control Tech family):
- Self Awareness; Recognizes impact on others, knows strengths and limitations, sense of self worth and confidence.
- Self Control; Disruptive emotions and impulses are in check, maintains consistency with core values.
- Maintains Motivation; Strives to learn, to improve and to be successful.
- Listening and Speaking Respectfully; Listens generously - clarifies meaning and intent, speaks straight and respectfully.
- Collaborator; Works effectively on teams with a wide variety of people, resolves conflict directly and productively, contributes to the success of others.
- Casual dress
- Company Events
- Fuel discount