The Scale House Attendant is primarily responsible for weighing trucks entering and leaving the quarry/sand pit. In addition, this position is responsible for collecting established fees for cash sales, providing information and directing customers in a professional and courteous manner. The Scale House Attendant will be responsible for computation, reconciliation, recordkeeping, and reporting duties as assigned.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Operate a truck scale indicator and weigh trucks accurately.
- Effectively and professionally solicit information from internal/external customers (both in person and over the phone) as well as respond to their need for information and assistance with clear and concise verbal directions.
- Responsible for coordinating with the superintendent to accurately report production and/or inventory discrepancies.
- Perform data entry tasks and generate sales tickets with speed and accuracy.
- Download and send all generated tickets, production, inventory adjustments, and cash sales to office in a timely manner.
- Generate daily and monthly transaction reports and balancing the stockpile inventory.
- Must be able to accurately make change for cash sale customers and accurately maintain the petty cash assigned to the location, reconciling it daily.
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining superior housekeeping standards, keeping area free of dust and clutter as much as possible. This includes but is not limited to the scale house, the computer and printer.
- Operating a computer for data collection as well as generating sales tickets.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including:
- Competitive Wages
- Health And Wellness Options
- 401k Matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Personal Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Company Provided Term Life Insurance
- Company Provided Short-Term Disability
- Company Provided Long-Term Disability
Kilgore Companies, a division of Summit Materials, a fast-paced, fast-growing group of successful construction materials companies, leading the construction industry throughout the Intermountain West. Together, we offer aggregates materials, ready mix concrete, paving, and construction services from local to large-scale projects. We share a vision of providing a safe work environment, quality products, and services for our employees and clients. Kilgore Companies offers exciting career opportunities throughout Utah, Colorado, Idaho, Wyoming, and Nevada.
Summit Materials provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.