Key Account Manager (Janesville, WI)
About United Alloy:
United Alloy (UA) is the leading brand when to comes to metal fabrication and powder coating. UA produces the highest quality leak-proof metal fuel tanks, reservoirs, skids, frames, chassis, trailers, heavy metal fabrications, and complex weldments. At UA, our culture produces actively engaged people with sustainable results: safety, quality, productivity, and profitability. Each employee acts with a sense of ownership, takes initiative to problem solve, and is committed to the company’s mission, their team, and themselves.
In addition to our ISO 9001:2008 certification, UA has been recognized as a WBENC woman/minority owned business. While we’re proud of these distinctions, one credential stands above all others: our extensive list of long-term satisfied Fortune 500 OEM customers.
Job Description: Under the direction of the Manager of Sales, the Key Account Manager will actively engage in all direct sales strategies and activities with assigned large OEM customers. These accounts will be in alignment with our strategic market, revenue and profitability objectives. They will always maintain a keen working knowledge of their large complex customers and maintain high-level oversight to project success through alignment with Project Management and Engineering staff.
Key Account Managers engage in a long-term, consultative & fact-based selling and relationship building process. They develop their accounts and sell using their acquired technical, organizational, market and customer knowledge while leveraging all UA resources available to assist customers in applying UA’s qualified design and expert fabrication solutions and products to meet their specific needs.
Reports To: Manager of Sales
Benefits: In addition to excellent starting wages, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as numerous perks.
- Medical, dental and vision
- Generous PTO and Vacation policy
- 401(k) with company match
- Bonus opportunities
- Paid training
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift available
- Shift premium for 2nd and 3rd shift
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Overall key account oversight, including routine communication via Face-to-Face or Virtual meetings. Using a Collaborative selling strategy that demonstrates the value that UA represents to their business.
- Developing and Execution planning against customer forecasts & budgets.
- Development of New Customers & Markets that represent future growth opportunities for UA. Collaborating with Internal stakeholders to define value to organizations and that provides win/win.
- Work closely with new and current customers to understand their business needs and recommend continuous improvement and innovative product solutions that will maintain and grow sales.
- Develop strong relationships with key individuals in current and prospective customer accounts, including technical, procurement, plant and facility decision makers and influencers.
- Provide qualified technical support to customers; identifying and resolving all customer challenges and escalating responses as required.
- Engage in effective problem solving by performing system, design and process analysis as well as interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer design, cost and performance objectives (i.e. the value proposition) are secured at acceptable profitability levels.
- Collect relevant customer, product and/or market data and develop appropriate action plans as needed.
- Complete detailed trip/visit/call reports for internal distribution and follow up
- Effective planning and execution of all customer and prospect visits.
- Work closely with Project Managers and Engineers for each account to assure prompt communication of vital information and that all work is completed promptly and competently.
- Actively participate in field promotional work as necessary to secure new business, which includes targeted accounts and/or business within new territories, new industries, or with customers where the full market potential or product line acceptance has not been established.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experiences successfully selling fabricated products to large OEM customers preferred.
- A demonstrated willingness to learn our business and its customers, with an eagerness to continue to learn.
- A highly organized and disciplined person with a keen ability to prioritize and differentiate between the important and unimportant.
- A high aptitude for developing technical solutions and an ability to read and understand technical drawings and customer applications.
- A Collaborative mindset that seeks alignment cross-functionally as well as with external partners.
- Valid driver’s license is required. Must have a clean MVR report.
- A working proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to travel +30% of the time
- 12 Expected Behaviors of Actively Engaged Person– 100% Responsible, Trustworthy, Team Player, Clear Communicator, Empathy, Humility, Emotional Self-Control, Resolves Conflict Directly, Positive Attitude, Respects Others, Problem Solver, and Agile.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend, twist, stoop, pull, push, assemble, and carry for extended periods of time. Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds regularly, frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with an assist.