Adolfson & Peterson Construction, one of the nation’s top contractors, is seeking applications for our Summer 2023 paid internships for projects in our Midwest region. We combine more than 75 years of construction expertise with the newest technologies in order to meet our clients' needs. We serve owners, architects, and developers with a commitment to teamwork and quality and are constantly looking for people to help us achieve our company goals.
During this program, you will work under the supervision of full-time team members as assigned to receive exposure to a career in the construction industry. Receive varied experiences, including but not limited to field and office-based disciplines such as Safety, Preconstruction, Project Management, Field Operations, Accounting, Business Development, MEP, Virtual Construction, Marketing and Human Resources. Absorb information to further knowledge academically and professionally.
*Currently this year we are looking for Interns who are interested in Project Management, Field Operations, Virtual Construction & Estimating*
Because safety is paramount to AP and embedded into everything we do, all team members are responsible for working safely within our Incident and Injury Free culture.
- Currently pursuing a degree in a subject related to the focus of the internship.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word.
- Physical agility to stand, sit, walk, climb, push, balance, and kneel.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and push up to 100 pounds.
- Willingness to work in various (sometimes extreme) climate conditions.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Strong analytical and logic skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of precision on detailed work.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to efficiently balance multiple priorities simultaneously under time constraints.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Adolfson & Peterson Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Certain positions and locations require COVID-19 vaccination, subject to reasonable accommodations for valid medical or sincerely held religious reasons.