United Alloy, Inc. (UAI) is a custom metal fabrication and powder coating company and ISO 9001:2008 certified facility. We primarily focus on manufacturing diesel fuel tanks for the power generation industry; we are the preferred designer, manufacturer, powder coater of certified metal tanks, skids, frames, trailers, chassis and related products crafted to world-class quality standards in strategic partnerships with Fortune 500 OEM customers.
United Alloy’s goal is to continually improve processes, products, and services by investing in technology and key personnel. Our total quality management system emphasizes continuous improvements, defect prevention, use of statistical methods and continuous learning to increase knowledge and skill levels of all employees.
United Alloy encourages their leaders to utilize their talent and creativity within a diverse, inclusive, innovative and empowering environment.
This position preps and assembles fabricated components and materials in conjunction with customer quality requirements and United Alloy manufacturing philosophies. Performance, quality preservation, organization, and efficiency are essential.
Hours: 2pm - 10pm (Monday thru Friday) - OT as required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands cross check concepts and inspects product according to Inspections Control Plan
- Accurately tags material and product according to product specifications
- Can identify hardware components used in assemblies
- Can compute decimal equivalents and interchange fractions
- Can accurately count and record production activity including picking, transfers, etc.
- Can follow written and verbal directions to complete assignments or jobs
- Cross train with paint department
- Other duties included but not limited to
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required
- The individual must have some exposure to metal fabrication concepts and processes
- Must possess the ability to operate overhead cranes, tape measure, caliper, basic hand tools and air tools
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Have completed forklift certification training with safety team to operate a forklift
- Can record time accurately including “time and attendance” and “labor reporting” using the data collection system
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 100 pounds with an assist.
- 12 Expected Behaviors of Actively Engaged Person – 100% Responsible, Trustworthy, Team Player, Clear Communicator, Empathy, Humility, Emotional Self-Control, Resolves Conflict Directly, Positive Attitude, Respects Others, Problem Solver, and Agile.
NOTE: Given the nature/size of our product and customer requirements, we require a stringent hiring process to ensure the highest quality product. Qualified candidates must successfully complete:
Basic Skills/Measurement Test | Blue Print Reading Test | Pre-Employment Physical & Drug Screen
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend, twist, stoop, pull, push, assemble, and carry for extended periods of time. Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds regularly, frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with an assist.
Ability to perform in a manufacturing environment that may have high noise levels, dust, chemicals, oil, and grease. Ability to work in an environment that may be either hot, cold or humid.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Position levels within United Alloy are based on skill set | Hourly compensation is based on experience
Tuition reimbursement assistance for experienced employees
$3.00 Shift Premium for 2nd Shift!!
Competitive benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, STD, LTD, Tuition Reimbursement
Several bonus opportunities to earn THOUSANDS of dollars, including the Employee Loyalty Program, Referral Program, Perfect Attendance Program and more