United Alloy, Inc. (UAI) is a custom metal fabrication and powder coating company and ISO 9001:2008 certified facility. We primarily focus on manufacturing diesel fuel tanks for the power generation industry; we are the preferred designer, manufacturer, powder coater of certified metal tanks, skids, frames, trailers, chassis and related products crafted to world-class quality standards in strategic partnerships with Fortune 500 OEM customers.
United Alloy’s goal is to continually improve processes, products, and services by investing in technology and key personnel. Our total quality management system emphasizes continuous improvements, defect prevention, use of statistical methods and continuous learning to increase knowledge and skill levels of all employees.
United Alloy encourages their leaders to utilize their talent and creativity within a diverse, inclusive, innovative and empowering environment.
REPORTS TO: Director of Facilities
HOURS: Monday - Friday (6:00 am - 2:00 pm, OT as required)
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Facilities Manager this position provides general building, grounds, and equipment maintenance.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- Electro-Mechanical degree preferred or a strong technical background.
- Must be familiar with metal fabrication concepts and processes.
- Must have experience with maintenance of fabrication equipment.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and employees.
- Ability to apply commonsense and understanding to carry out detailed and written or oral instructions.
- Must perform all duties in conjunction with UAI and ISO requirements.
- Frequently required to work on equipment that may contain live electrical parts, high pressure vessels/piping and spring loaded apparatuses. Ability to read, comprehend and implement lock-out tag-out procedures is required.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 100 pounds with an assist.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Follows safe manufacturing and material handling practices.
- Understands and adheres to UAI 5S manufacturing practices.
- Understands and adheres to UAI employee handbook policies.
- Can follow written and verbal details to complete assignments or jobs.
- Can record time accurately including “time and attendance” and “labor reporting” using the data collection system.
- Can perform general building and grounds maintenance.
- Mastered use of all required equipment and hand devices.
- Can inspect and clean all equipment.
- Can perform all preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- Has the authority to stop production when nonconforming parts are detected
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend, twist, stoop, pull, push, assemble, and carry for extended periods of time. Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds regularly, frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with an assist.
Ability to perform in a manufacturing environment that may have high noise levels, dust, chemicals, oil, and grease. Ability to work in an environment that may be either hot, cold or humid.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Position levels within United Alloy is based on skill set | Hourly compensation is based on experience
Tuition reimbursement assistance for experienced employees
Competitive benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, STD, LTD, Tuition Reimbursement
Several bonus opportunities to earn THOUSANDS of dollars, including Employee Loyalty Program, Referral Program, Perfect Attendance Program and more