GRAEF, a leading U.S. consulting firm, has been providing exceptional careers and quality engineering, planning and design services to our clients since 1961. We recognize that the best workplaces are filled with technically excellent, innovative, creative, and highly motivated people and are proud to be recognized as a 2023 Best Places to Work and named a 2023 Top Workplace.
GRAEF is more than just a business. We are a committed employer and community member. We invest in our employees as we do our clients, providing a challenging and rewarding environment where you can grow both personally and professionally. GRAEF values exciting work and lasting relationships; we embody values that speak to loyalty, service, quality and integrity; and we strive to grow with these ideas leading the way. We’re looking for people who agree that in addition to technical excellence, it’s about relationships!
GRAEF’s Survey Services has an exciting opportunity in our Milwaukee office for an entry level Survey Technician to join our team. Working under the direction of Professional Land Surveyors you will gain experience in all facets of Land Surveying. Primarily an office position, you will learn to process and map surveys, assist in plat development, and create construction layouts. You will also have the opportunity to occasionally assist in the field on two-person survey crews performing boundary and topographic surveys and construction staking activities. We focus on employee development and will mentor the right candidate so they may have a successful surveying career.
We are considering Entry Level Survey Technician candidates to join our GRAEF team who possess the following basic qualifications:
- Associate's degree in Civil Engineering Technology, or equivalent.
- Recent graduate with relatable experience through an internship or work experience preferred. Candidates with additional years of experience are encouraged to apply.
- Basic understanding of Land Surveying fundamentals.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, as well as AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
- Ability to carry up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions and environments on occasion.
Why GRAEF? We are proud to offer you a complete package to include:
- Training, Mentorship, and Leadership Development Programs
- A team atmosphere dedicated to open communication and collaboration
- Flexible hours/hybrid schedule
- Embed yourself in the community by participating in numerous outside activities that GRAEF endorses and supports
- Exciting downtown office location, with free amenities, including onsite fitness center, pickleball courts, and more
- Free covered parking
- Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Tuition Reimbursement
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer - Disabled/Vets