The mission of Lebanon Utilities is to provide our community with reliable, economical and high quality services in a friendly and courteous manner.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health Insurance (begins first day of employment)
- Retirement Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- STD, LTD
- Term & Accidental Life
- Vacation Time Off
- Sick Leave
- Floating Holidays
- Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education Benefits
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains record of all purchase orders issued by the Electric, Water, Wastewater, Telecommunications and all support departments.
- Verify approval on all invoices and check requests.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal ID numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase orders, contracts, invoices, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Investigates and manages discrepancies between invoice and purchase order.
- Able to prepare and process checks for multi companies.
- Able to process and enter 200-300 invoices per week.
- Charges expenses to accurate expense accounts by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Prepares all claims and appropriate paperwork ready for the Board Meetings.
- Reviews all Board Minutes for contract/service approvals.
- Maintains all NTE amounts and contract amounts and notifies the department manager when final.
- Tracks multiple payment PO’s on spreadsheets.
- Pays employees by receiving, auditing and verifying expense reports.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Tracking and paying all 1099 vendors.
- Ability to process and follow-up on rush items.
- Assists other departments as necessary when discrepancies are found.
- Assist with various job functions in the Finance Department.
- Supports annual audit by providing information and answers to auditors.
- Serves as back-up for payroll and benefits as necessary.
- A high school education or equivalent.
- General accounting education preferred.
- Two (2) years related work experience is preferred.
- Strong word processing and spreadsheet skills and the ability to use a variety of office equipment such as calculators, copiers, typewriter, facsimile machine, personal computer, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills necessary in order to deal with a wide range of personalities both inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to remain calm and deal tactfully with employees and customers.
- A valid Indiana driver’s license required.