Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Retirement Savings (IPERS and/or 403b) with generous company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Corporate Advantage Partnership Education Program with Mount Mercy University and Upper Iowa University
Family Learning Connection (FLC) Childcare Assistants provide a key support to the FCL family education process. Childcare Assistants will assist in the operation of the childcare during family group sessions under the direct supervision of the Lead Childcare.
SCHEDULE AND WAGE
Flexible hours to provide childcare during FLC groups, primarily nights & weekend hours. Anticipated to be 12-16 hours per month.
$13.34 per hour
- Assist with maintaining a positive and nurturing environment at the site.
- Actively participate in and reinforce children’s play both indoors and out.
- Communicate with children at their level and model positive caregiver/child interaction.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining an orderly environment.
- Enforce rules and limits for behavior calmly and consistently; utilizing non-vermont positive discipline approaches to challenging behaviors.
- Refrain from utilizing restraints, seclusions or any physical force as a form of discipline.
- Follow reasonable procedures for maintaining health and safety for the children.
- Follow reporting procedures for any notable incidents that occur at the site.
- Assist with any planned activities.
- Assist in supervising children on bathroom breaks.
- Assist in clean up of childcare area at the end of each session
- Communicate as needed with parents during programming.
- Assist with feeding of young children and infants.
- Any other duties deemed reasonable and necessary by Lead Childcare staff
- Communicate any concerns with lead childcare staff, FLC Coordinator, FLC Manager and/or Paces to Quality Manager
- Follows policies, procedures, and compliance standards in accordance with HACAP.
- Adhere to standards laid out by the Iowa Family Support Credential
- Practices sensitivity to serve populations’ cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
- Works three family group class series between September and June
- Attend monthly staff meetings (must attend 80% of meetings throughout year)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must be at least 18 year of age.
- Must have at least three (3) months of experience working with children between the ages of birth – 8 years.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and implement procedures.
- Ability to use good judgment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Ability to relate to low-income people
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively with age-appropriate activities in the classroom and relate with children in a positive way
- Detail orientated
- Reliable transportation
- Must pass criminal back ground check and Mandatory Child Abuse Reporting as required by Funding Agency.
- Must complete MART and Blood Borne Pathogen training.