McGuire and Hester is a construction company that provides complete site work services: pipelines, grading paving, concrete, landscape and mechanical. In addition to traditional project delivery methods, we are involved with design build projects and alternative delivery methods. McGuire and Hester has played an integral role in the construction of many of Northern California’s most recognizable landmarks and infrastructure projects. Our storied past crosses more than nine decades. Our mission statement is, “Together We Build Things Right” which encompasses our business philosophy as well as our values and culture. We have a team environment that focuses on the greater good, resulting in a fantastic place to work that positively impacts our business partners and community.
A Landscape Purchasing Agent coordinates activities involved with procuring landscape materials, plants, irrigation, raw materials, aggregates, equipment, tools, parts, and supplies for multiple projects.
- Develop and maintain a Purchasing Log for awarded projects. Update log with approved change order revisions and be prepared to discuss anticipated over/underruns for monthly Cost to Complete analysis.
- Determine method of procurement, such as direct purchase or bid. Confer with vendors to obtain products and service information, verify price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Review material and subcontractor proposals and negotiate purchase orders and subcontracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority. Prepare purchase order and subcontract request forms.
- Select products for purchase by comparing specification, bid estimate, and conferring with project team. Be prepared to offer “equal” items that could save the company time or money.
- Procure and prepare landscape submittals for review.
- Create and maintain a Submittal Log and maintain entries and client review status.
- Track long lead items and verify committed delivery dates.
- May be required to dispatch or arrange to expedite delivery of materials, etc.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with Quality Control personnel, Project Managers, and vendors to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- May approve invoices for payment.
- Leverage buying power and economies of scale with bulk purchases and/or vendor discounts based on quantity purchasing and/or multi-project buy outs. Buy direct from manufacturer, when possible.
- Estimate material or service value according to knowledge of market price.
- Study market trends, especially with commodity-based materials, and position the company accordingly. Incorporate bulk buy or substitution alternatives into leverage plan.
- Build trust-based professional relationships rooted in our Core Values.
- Initiate and negotiate Master Purchase Orders with Contracts Manager.
- Initiate and negotiate payment and discount terms.
- Assist with takeoff, material and subcontractor solicitation.
- Assist in the training of landscape takeoff means and methods, material and subcontractor procurement, submittals, and record keeping.
- May perform Estimating and/or Operations material takeoff.
- Produce irrigation As-Builts in AutoCAD as needed.
Besides a competitive salary and the best retirement package in the industry we offer:
- Company Vehicle
- Family medical, dental and vision
- Company Stock (ESOP)
- 401k Employer Match
- Bonus Program
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sabbatical Program
- Personal Financial Planning
We are confident that our retirement plan is the best in the industry.
$68,000- $120,000 annual compensation based on skills, experience and knowledge